SPRING ?

smerchly

Salt truck has been passed 6 times so far .....I just removed 8 snow tires this week from my van & car , in my driveway  !  Lots of power outages already across the horseshoe , and of course , hundreds of accidents .  The rest of April looks like March  :dunno: ......  furnace taking a beating this winter .....anglers taking a hit waiting for  a little sunshine .....

Looks like another year where we go from winter to summer ...no spring !    ( how to get mold off carp rod.....)  :rolleyes: Hope y'all got your lights on !

So far so good here, BIll. Going to mean late planting and harvests, which means price increases for food.    Yes this month I've been fishing March patterns. Our seasons are about  3 weeks behind so far.

32 minutes ago, bigugli said:

So far so good here, BIll. Going to mean late planting and harvests, which means price increases for food.    Yes this month I've been fishing March patterns. Our seasons are about  3 weeks behind so far.

The late planting also means late fish spawning as well . Not good for bass or walleye . Pike season is closed until May 5 (zone 20) ....hope they complete the task before opener .

Bruce , my tomato plants are 5" tall now , hope to get some into the ground  May 24 .  The wild garlic is up a foot ....can't kill that stuff ! 

.....salt truck has made 8 passes , so far......

Crazy out there. I just came in from clearing the snow/ice that was building up on the boat cover. While scraping the snow off was thinking that this time last year was out fishing already. Well at least it should be a while before we have to start mowing the lawn. Guess we've been spoiled the last couple of years.

definitely behind this year...hopefully things catch up and we actually have a spring.  Right now I will be thankful that no ice builds up so that a falling tree doesn't crush my truck and boat.   Serves me right for taking it out of storage.   LOL.

Archived