I'm getting my Ice Fishing Stuff back Out

Fish Farmer

I hear ya!  This is depressing...worst of both worlds.  Ice fishing came to an abrupt end with that big thaw and then it got cold and stayed cold to keep the ice lingering around the lakes and river.   I heard northern lakes are completely frozen but 3 feet? How north is that lake?  

4 hours ago, duck&wine said:

I heard northern lakes are completely frozen but 3 feet? How north is that lake?  

Probably has a date with  "DRIFTER" in Yellowknife......:D

Warm weather comes cue complaints 'its too hot!'

Lol we live in Canada.... Sometimes it snows till the end of April.  Same thing every year since you've been alive.... Why is it such a surprize now?   You wanna fish in nice weather? Fill the bathtub with 80 degree water turn on the furnace set to 76 degrees put on your shorts and cast into the tub lol.  Jeez all you internet guys do is complain!  Just go fish.

I tried using a couple of bed bugs in the tubs.....got a few crabs ....:dunno:

....  however .....   fishing in crappy weather has some good points .....lots of elbow room !   

Oh.....btw ...this day last year was 20*C......   (carp fishing in shorts & having a cold one)  B)

3 hours ago, mooseslayer said:

Global warming my ass...

Ostrich head in the sand syndrome?

One cold winter after a few warm ones doesn't mean it's not real lol. And I know I'm going to get a lot of flak from the old boys on here who can't own up to the fact they've screwed up, and don't want to change their ways.

1 hour ago, Lundtastic said:

No one is wrong in today’s society......It’s climate change now LOL. Reality is the earth goes through cycles. Is it because of humans or too much cow methane? Whatever.

1 hour ago, Lundtastic said:

No one is wrong in today’s society......It’s climate change now LOL. Reality is the earth goes through cycles. Is it because of humans or too much cow methane? Whatever.

You're absolutely right, it takes a smart man to realize he doesn't know everything! 

On the CH weather today at 6.....  In 1976  today's temp reached 27*C .......

I'm sure that carbon taxes will  never bring these temps back .......:rolleyes:

As an "old boy" ...I remember the pollution in the air from all the industries in Niagara that provided us with thousands of good paying jobs . We simply moved these jobs to Asia where the "big old boys" can carry on their pollution trade & get filthy rich on the backs of the labourers  ....then load up the huge cargo ships , burn a million lts. of fuel to ship to us , then load up thousands of "fuel efficient" :rolleyes: trucks that rip up our roads and shake bridges apart to deliver to our local C.T./Walmarts , etc . Compare our new plastic society to the "old days" and I think we are doing worse polluting the planet .  We have become a disposable society where cheap Chinese goods easily break and we simply buy another... Not many had air conditioners in house or car , and we actually caught fish without relying on electronics .....:Gonefishing:

The weather is the weather, whether we like it or not . Luckily , I can pick any day, any hour to fish being a retired old man . They make rain coats I am told for those of us who smile at Ma Nature when she's cranky .  Wussy weather on the way this weekend !  :D

I'm jealous of Smerchly. I took my Dad on many a fly in trip 20-30 years ago with  Hawk Air out of Hawk Junction. Always a superb trip. The picture that stares at me from my mantle is my now deceased Dad holding a beautiful lake trout on Lake Anareha??? If I remember correctly, the fellow that ran Hawk Air was named Arnie and he lived in Fort Erie.

There's an elderly gentleman in Ft.Erie who runs a construction business named Alf Beam . He has been flying his planes which he keeps on his property , for many years .  He may know Arnie . 

I had a couple of short fly ins  with 3 buddies on my first moose trips . We drove to Elliot Lake to Dunlop Lake  ,and a fellow named John Marceau flew us to Upper Mace Lake .   One trip was cut short when one broke his ankle while carrying a moose quarter from a high ridge and was flown out by chopper . We have many tales to tell ,,,,,every trip was a new story....

100 years on this planet is just a blip. There have been times when the entire planet was tropical climate and there have been ice ages. I need to see a much longer cycle to think that any change is permanent. We have had several very cold winters the last few years and it depends if the Polar Vortex or El Nino decides to come our way. Time will tell..

Many things influence world temperatures . I would need pages to go through the many things that mother nature contributes to human neglect .

To note a few .....World trade is a huge contributor to wasting fuel ....we send  raw materials to Asia , they send back the goods we buy everyday . War has (is) a huge waste of energy ...remember Kuwait ...30 oil wells burning for months ... and the spent jet fuel raining down on us 24/7 . Don't need to say much more about our disposable , over packaging , convenient society . e.g...drive throughs.   Our forests are disappearing ... land erosion , floods , etc....and nuclear bomb - earth quakes . Ma nature has her own forces too ....volcanoes , both under & above water , solar flares .   We have already "cleaned up" much of our pollution locally .....shut down factories & shipped out to China , Mexico , Brazil ,India ......

As human population expands it can only get worse .....more of everything above .....and much more .

Archived