Pigeon

smerchly

I caught a pigeon under my bird feeder 2 weeks ago . It could not fly , just ran in circles ....maybe flew into a car or window ,ect.   I put it in a large tote with rags , then straw & put it in the garage and fed it mostly corn with peas and a few beans . It still couldn't fly last week , so put in in a large cockatiel bird cage . It would bat my hand with it's wings while feeding it (must be a hen)  ?

I gave it another test flight today ....and away she went ....sitting on top of the garage . I hope it goes back where it came from and can find it's own food . It has been robbing my carp stash for 2 weeks ! 

Thanks Ty .....It stayed on the garage for a few hrs., them flew 50' to a tree house ,,,,then disappeared  . A few years back I caught a white homing pigeon with a band on it's leg ....found a pigeon site on Google , sent an email with the tag number and a guy came and picked it up . We have had many encounters with birds & animals ....and a huge milk snake in the yard  . My Rotti was barking at it ...I grabbed it behind the head ...into a 5 gal pail & released it in the country at a small stream. Can't wait for the next "varmit" .            :skunk:....ya , got a couple of these too  ....verrrry careful release .....:D

8 hours ago, knightfisher said:

Good job on caring for the bird Bill.

I owned a homing pigeon a while back. Sold it 24 times.

Good business $ense there Dan !  Guess the bird died of old age .....I would buy a flock of them.....:D

Archived