Sign in to follow this  
smerchly

Cheap Gas

@ Petro's this morning ....fill up your gas cans too.....only $1.36.9   .

This has to be the highest price I've seen here .....but I haven't heard many complaints .....

It's going to be costly to fish those northern lakes this year .....   ?

If oil hits $100 /barrel again ....   ?

1 hour ago, I'm_A_Drifter said:

My car needs the good stuff (91 Shell V-Power no ethanol), so $1.53 a litre this morning for me.

Oh Lord....won'tcha buy me a Mercedes Bentz....

Not too bad if you're getting 50 mgp Drifter .....  :D

1 hour ago, I'm_A_Drifter said:

My car needs the good stuff (91 Shell V-Power no ethanol), so $1.53 a litre this morning for me.

I remember when I had a turbocharged gtir from Japan. Only vpower in that. 1.35- 1.50 is normal.   Now I drive a truck. Even worse.....”gotta pay to play though”

I get about 13 mpg on the old van .....but it burns nice and clean with all that booze in it ...

P.E.T.  Junior's additive called the carbon tax will keep your wallet thinner , thus driving less ,  thus clean up the world .....:rolleyes:

Call your local liberal and complain!  They were the ones who shot down a bill to look into gas prices.

https://saultonline.com/2017/12/liberals-vote-down-bill-on-gas-price-gouging/

http://www.ontla.on.ca/web/bills/bills_detail.do?locale=en&BillID=5435

I filled up in Alberta before getting on a plane this week ... between the worksite and the airport  I passed an assortment of prices from 129 (highest) down to 115, so they are getting hammered too ... and there is no PST there.  BC has seen 150+, but most of that + is the various carbon taxes that they have been raising on a regular basis.

Mind you pick your poison ... if you have a vice there will be more and more taxes on it.  The inflation escalator tax that was put into place on alcohol ... it can go up annually with no questions allowed.

Looks like they want to force us to buy E.V.s .  Then we know what's next !   It will still cost the same to drive one way or another . People will still drive but business will suffer when most of our pay checks are eaten up for energy .  We cut back on something every year .....last newspaper yesterday after over 50 years .....that $$$ will go into the gas tanks .  I'm still going fishing !   :Gonefishing:

Any Hamiltonians here ?  checking gas buddy today I see the first  15 gas prices at 1.16 to 1.26 ....Costco at 1.21 at both locations .  Is Reserve gas available at 1.16 to all ?

St.Catharines gas is much higher ....starting at 1.29   to  1.35  .  ....almost worth the drive to Hammy with a few gas cans ........and a carp rod on hand .....:Gonefishing:

On ‎4‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 9:30 AM, knightfisher said:

One station was giving out free K Y, helped a bit ...

A couple of days ago ,the Esso @ Hwy 20 and Hwy 58 (Allanport Rd) was 1.38.9  :o , that station has all gas non-ethanol according to them and no signs on pumps saying that there is ethanol ,  I also found out a few years ago it is illegal to make your own fuel (Alcohol) It would be nice to have your own supply given the crazy price's these days !

OK ...gonna make you cry now .....When I bought my first car , a 1950 Pontiac Silver Streak torpedo back at a dealership on Hartzel Rd. I paid $75 for it . I got the money from picking fruit at local farms . It had a straight 6 engine , 3 speed on the column .  It burned leaded gas which was 29 cents per Imperial gallon .....or about 9 cents per liter .  ( Now we know why they sell gas in liters)  ...Five bucks plus per gallon would look like we are being ripped off !  :rolleyes: 

NRF ... 1.38 isn't to bad if it's rated at 91 or 94 octane and gives you more miles per gallon. If we were allowed to run a still for our cars .....it probably wouldn't make it to the gas tank !   :D

1.38.9 for 87 octane , the 91 octane was like 1.56 , we can all make our vehicals and lawnmowers run on alcohol and it makes them run at very low temps , but the government in Canada and U.S will not let it happen ever, they do not like anybody to be energy independent , I worked for a fella in Welland that had his own natural gas well ,he ran his suburban, hot water,furnace, back up generator, the government found out and they weren't to happy about it !

A fellow I knew out Fenwick way had a gas well on his farm and he used the gas to fuel a gennie as well . 

There are alternatives to fuel our cars ,  but the gov't will get their slice first .......or charge  a grand for plates , or toll the roads , etc etc.

Got my 21 speed 2 wheeler polished up for local runs ( great on gas)   ...... took her for a test spin .... lucky to have fishing spots within 2- 3 k from home   ?      :Gonefishing:

FOOD FOR THOUGHT .....at "my" gas station  (S&W) their premium gas is 1.51.5 ....which equates to $6.80 cents per Imp. gallon .....never thought I see these prices here !   This will affect everything we buy .....

Edited by smerchly