Ethanal free gas

I've only purchased that type of fuel in Springville on the way skiing.  Don't know about off the reserve.  I think there is a website that lists stations with ethanol free gas.  That's how I found out.

5 hours ago, I'm_A_Drifter said:

Non ethanol fuel is your best bang for the buck. That's why its expensive here (like Shell V-Power 91).

Ethanol is like filler of up to 10% as you see on the pumps. Low energy density.

In the States ethanol percentages in many states are as high as 25%.

Not sure what you mean by performance. My Jeep, hi output inline 6 runs great on regular gas. Touch the gas peddle

and I'm in passing gear instantly. Runs fantastic. And lots of pep.

Car buyers today want all the bells & whistles , performance and sporty looks and are willing to pay thousands more for those toys and luxuries . I was just reading about AWD vehicles that either need to replace all 4 tires if one has a flat , or buy one new tire and "shave " it down to match the mileage on the other 3 tires  to prevent problems with the all wheel drive system ????  :wacko:   Give me a new truck/suv with p.s. , p.b. manual windows and a radio & I'm happy with that ...if it saves me 10 grand ..... and runs on 87  .  We not only pay dearly for all the high tech but , as the saying goes , more things to go wrong . The E.V.'s are wayyyy overpriced  ....but need zero octane .....:D

Remember the front bench seats  and have your sweety pie warming up your side ?   :wub:

Some of those old beasts had great contours .....like the  black 71 Buick Riviera ...My first rag top was a 60 Buick LeSabre  ...was a tank with a 364 cu.in. engine , and could get 20 mpg. at 65 mph . They haven't improved that much have they ? The car was 5500 lbs.I believe....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZ5G5CO4CzI

5 hours ago, I'm_A_Drifter said:

So many "older" cars being sold on AT and Kijiji have over inflated asking prices too. Just because its old, doesn't make it collectable.

At least if its 25 years + its e-test exempt. With historical plates cheaper on insurance too. These cars are not fussy on their fuel either. Cheap is fine.

Isn't the cut off date for et's 1987 & older ?  My daughter has my 90 van & I think it needs a tail pipe test .  My present 97 Astro needs an exhaust e-test also .

FYI...went to Smokin Joes Lewiston last night and Out of non-ethanol gas, so put got High test for boat and put some Stabil in it.

Regular for truck was $2.69 or  Cdn about $.94 / litre

High Test $2.97 gal or Cdn $1.04 /litre. 

Still cheaper than here.

• 3 weeks later...

It's been many years since I went to Smokin Joe's for gas . Even with our loonie exchange it's well worth shopping USA for gas , groceries , beer , etc etc etc.  Today's gas price in St.Catharines is 1.399  ...all time high for low grade gas/ethanol . Maybe a good thing for us to see 1.50 per liter just a few days before the election .....  :rolleyes: 

The gas prices are going wacky this week. I saw 126.9 a couple of days ago. Today it is 139.9. That more than just price of oil. It's all about profit gouging.

They are giving it to us here Bruce  .....but, by the way people drive passed my house in their big pickups & muscle cars (pedal to the metal) , price is no problem !

When I head to Quinte  I always fill up my boat tank & gas cans in Deseronto  upon arrival  ....always much cheaper there . ....checked today's gas price at Deseronto on Gas Buddy , & it's 1.18  ......20 cent diff. from here .   I should have retired there 25 years ago ......:Gonefishing:

The price of gas is having its effect on travel. I had no traffic at all last night coming back from the kawarthas. Home in 3 1/2 hrs.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/25/2018 at 9:36 PM, Chrisb said:

The gas prices are going wacky this week. I saw 126.9 a couple of days ago. Today it is 139.9. That more than just price of oil. It's all about profit gouging.

Reading Gas Buddy today.....Some American states have raised the price to $3.00 per gallon !!  At $1.36 per liter , our gas is well over $6.00 per Canadian gallon . Our new leader said he would cut gas 10 cents (hope that includes the phony carbon tax) .  I remember when gas was 36 cents or less  per GALLON  .....now they raise it more than that overnight !  

13 minutes ago, I'm_A_Drifter said:

Once the price of fuel goes up, so does everything else.

YEP !   "Everything" , which means all those Chinese goods at Can.Tire will be priced higher ....and we will see smaller quantities with food & other merchandise . Those giant Chinese cargo ships burn a million liters of fuel each way to bring us our "brand name" products .

On 6/15/2018 at 3:16 PM, I'm_A_Drifter said:

Rapalas may go up to $20 for a #5 Original Floater.

Never would I pay that for a lure .....  unless I was into musky fishing  . I have enough Raps to last me for the next 30 years  (105)  B)

Think I'll take a drive to Deseronto today ......save 15 cents /liter .......:rolleyes:

Archived