Berlin Germany

Tyler0420

Hey guys.  I’m going on vacation may 22 for 9 days to Germany.  I’ll be staying in Berlin in the wedding area.  There’s some close ponds that I can fish.  I was reading to get a license there you have to do an exam. It’s on basic regulations. seasons, sizes etc...(which out of country fisherman don’t have to do). you also have to get a permit for the specific body of water your fishing which I do have to get.  I figure I’ll be fishing for carp and those  kind of species. Not really sure what else is around or what to expect.   Does anyone have any info they would like to share with me?  I’ll be bringing weights, hair rigs, hooks, swivels, Etc.... so any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks. 

What an amazing experience you're going to have, Tyler.  Hey, I don't know if this is true but I heard that in Germany there is no C&R.  What you catch is what you must take home and eat.

Perhaps someone can confirm.

I can’t see them doing this with carp. Every carp they catch in a pond they have to keep? Definitely something I’ll be asking. I’ll have to get a permit to fish when I get there so I’ll be talking to someone that knows.  I think the person we are visiting has friends that fish so that will help.  

I doubt you have to keep one of those 35 lb. pot bellied mirror carp for the table . lol

Good luck , looking to read your report .   :Gonefishing:

http://fishinglicence.eu/germany

Personally I'd leave the fishing gear behind, too many stupid rules and regulations to make it worth it.  First you need a German fishing rod license, since there's very few waterbodies open to the public you'll need to get permission and a additional angler permit just to fish said waterbody. Which can be a pain in the arse, especially if you can't speak German.  Not to mention catch and release is STRICTLY forbidden. Failure to comply to the rules and regulations can lead to huge fines and even imprisonment, they don't screw around over there.

Germany is a beautiful country with tons of history and culture to take in, unfortunately it's not very fisherman friendly..   

If there is no c & r in Germany ,  do they restock their lakes often ?  Bring back some good carp schnitzel recipes Tyler !   :D

I wasn’t going to fish, but the people we’re visiting I don’t really need to visit anymore. (Not getting into it) so anyways this trip is pretty much a ME trip so I’ll be able to do whatever I want.  And fishing it is.   I’ll probably never be back there again so I’d like to fish.  Don’t care what I have to pay to do it and apparently English is pretty common over there.  Bringing fishing equipment isn’t a big deal even if I don’t use it.  I’ll be exploring around and maybe see what locals are up to. 

41 minutes ago, smerchly said:

If there is no c & r in Germany ,  do they restock their lakes often ?  Bring back some good carp schnitzel recipes Tyler !   :D

I’ll look into some carp recipes for us. 

14 hours ago, heatmiser74 said:

http://fishinglicence.eu/germany

Personally I'd leave the fishing gear behind, too many stupid rules and regulations to make it worth it.  First you need a German fishing rod license, since there's very few waterbodies open to the public you'll need to get permission and a additional angler permit just to fish said waterbody. Which can be a pain in the arse, especially if you can't speak German.  Not to mention catch and release is STRICTLY forbidden. Failure to comply to the rules and regulations can lead to huge fines and even imprisonment, they don't screw around over there.

Germany is a beautiful country with tons of history and culture to take in, unfortunately it's not very fisherman friendly..   

Our rules are too lenient here in Ontario . We should have a written test to I.D. species of fish & baits . People are already taking bass O.O.S.

I'll bet the Germans frown on people who trash their lakes with garbage , butts included ,  and fine them heavily . We could learn from them !

"Germany is a beautiful country"   they don't screw around over there ......  and that's a good thing .   :Gonefishing:

https://www.kaiserslauternamerican.com/fishing-in-germany-within-anglers-reach-2/ 

I think youll be fine Tyler. Take your Canadian and American Fishing Licenses with you. Read the Article link above about translation of the license.  Lots of opportunity for a variety of species of fish. Pack to go fishing, as a visitor and proof that you hold valid Canadian and US licenses youll get it figured out. Have fun buddy...German sausage and Beer / Fishing what else could you ask for !!!

1 hour ago, Tyler0420 said:

I like beer but not too sure about German beer. I’m not one for a heavy hoppy beer. 

Back in the day ( when I was young) ...I bought  Lowenbrau beer  ....

Löwenbräu beer has been served at every Oktoberfest in Munich since 1810. Because only beers that are brewed in Munich are permitted to be sold at Oktoberfest, Löwenbräu is one of six breweries represented, along with Augustinerbräu, Hofbräuhaus, Hacker-Pschorr, Paulaner, and Spaten.

It was a decent beer , but a little pricier ......much better than that slop called Corona ......:D          Hope you have great weather Tyler !

Spaten is a decent beer. I like to try them all though...lol. 

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Tyler0420 said:

Wow I forgot reels..... looks like I’ll be buying a new one :)

.....and Dam Quick  eh Tyler ?    ?

Archived