This Year's Spinnerbaits

Snags

Ordered a bigger mold for spinnerbaits yesterday ... showed up today ... put it to use and put together two that will be tested on some local waters tomorrow.  Last year I ordered a mold that wet up to a half ounce ... this year I wanted to get the lures deeper, so opted for a mold that goes to 1 ounce.

804Glnc.jpg

Today didn't have much going on, tried two different ponds ... end result in the search for pike was two bass ... one female smallie who had eggs to drop and a small largie.

And before anyone wants to scream YOU PULLED BASS OFF THEIR BEDS ... there was no bass visible in the shallows in the areas I was fishing, in fact there was no fish visible beyond one rock bass that was maintaining/making a nest in the shallows.

You spooked my carp !!   :angry: ...... but I landed a huge 5 lb. er after you left  :D .....check for ticks Dan !   I had a run in with them there today , even found one under my tilly hat .   Time to carry the deet , etc.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, tolly82 said:

Good looking spinners! Always wanted to try my hand at lure making but figure I have enough hobbies I never make the time for. 

Im the same way. I’ll support Someone else’s hobby for fishing lures. 

Archived