Argh!

DNorton

Just another day of frustration on the water to start this year. Fished for close to 6 hours hauling in one small bullhead. Carp were jumping and from time to time seemed to be closing in on my bait but then they would pass. Maybe I’m not chumming enough? Maybe they spooked by something ? Not sure but this local spot was a hotspot for me last year and I’ve been skunked 3 times out this year. Oh well I guess as the saying goes a bad day fishing is better then a good day at work.

sorry no pics I can’t  be bothered with cats lol 

I've had a few of the argh days this year . It seems the deep water carp are still living on their winter fat .....but I've had some good fishing in the shallow warmer water  .  Saw a guy doing very well on carp a few days ago & he was chumming every 20 -30 minutes , about 2-3 cups each time . I chummed a shallow spot with diced bread & cream corn mix which got the carp interested with some of their catfish & rudd friends .....Better days ahead ....can't get much worse than argh !

2 hours ago, Mike Pike said:

Blanking is frustrating but blanking on showing fish is even more frustrating.  Hard to figure why they don't just get their heads down some days. 

Couldn’t agree more! Going to get out this weekend in the kayak and see if I can get on them. 

One day while fishing Jordan , the carp were thrashing and carrying on along the shoreline , apparently  a slew of "boys" wanted to hang out with a girlie that was ready to populate the harbour with her cache of eggs ......

More carp were jumping at various depths as the frenzy  carried on ......

None were interested in taking a time out for a nice meal  I offered......But if I had worms or minnows in my bag ,  after watching others , I could have had some arm practice catching drum and cats !   I can't recall the date or water conditions (temp.) but it seems when they are  "busy"   , best to bring an extra rod and a can of worms ...  :Gonefishing:

Archived