New, New york state record !

Many (most) record fish that are records by weight have bloated bellies  full of spawn or have been eating high of the hog ....same thing for the pannies like perch that end up on a plate with fries . If desired , a taxidermist will save the meat from a skin mount .....and if you like caviar ....B)

Today is a "fish day" since it's erection day in Ontariario .  I don't trust any of them , let the chips fall where they may......Maybe I'll break my carp record today .....Jordan carpies are waiting for me .......:Gonefishing:

1 hour ago, smerchly said:

Many (most) record fish that are records by weight have bloated bellies  full of spawn or have been eating high of the hog ....same thing for the pannies like perch that end up on a plate with fries . If desired , a taxidermist will save the meat from a skin mount .....and if you like caviar ....B)

Today is a "fish day" since it's erection day in Ontariario .  I don't trust any of them , let the chips fall where they may......Maybe I'll break my carp record today .....Jordan carpies are waiting for me .......:Gonefishing:

Good luck smerch. 

4 hours ago, smerchly said:

That's a huge fish for sure. I'll have to let the wife know its "erection day" Thanks for pointing that out Smerch! She wont have any excuses now! Lol

10 hours ago, Tyler0420 said:

Good luck smerch. 

Thanks Tyler ...had a blast this morning !  Went 5 for 5 ....had to leave .....they played me out  !!  First carp almost spooled me , weighed in at 25 lbs. Another one was the longest carp I have caught at 36" & 26 lbs. Two others went 16 lbs & one 15 lbs.....all tough scrappers .  All caught on maize -hair rig with 1.5 oz sliding egg sinker ( 20# mono)  .  Yes my arm was getting sore and I left at noon .  And I FORGOT me camera today ....and my phone !  I just knew I would get some big fish  !!    All in all ....a great day on the water !  :Gonefishing:

20 hours ago, PRO - P1KE 101 said:

Thanks for posting the articles! Beauties, but I don't see the point of killing a fish like that, the guy should have got a replica of that walleye  instead.

I TOTALLY AGREE PRO-P1KE 101  ,in this day and age we don't have to kill giant fish, replica's are Veeery nice and basically last forever , it is a "sin" to kill these beautiful beast unless you are starving  IMO ,  but the reg's say other wise  ,  as individual's we dictate weather directly or indirectly to a creature's fate, it's just the way it is unfortunately , but that's just one's take on it.

2 hours ago, smerchly said:

Thanks Tyler ...had a blast this morning !  Went 5 for 5 ....had to leave .....they played me out  !!  First carp almost spooled me , weighed in at 25 lbs. Another one was the longest carp I have caught at 36" & 26 lbs. Two others went 16 lbs & one 15 lbs.....all tough scrappers .  All caught on maize -hair rig with 1.5 oz sliding egg sinker ( 20# mono)  .  Yes my arm was getting sore and I left at noon .  And I FORGOT me camera today ....and my phone !  I just knew I would get some big fish  !!    All in all ....a great day on the water !  :Gonefishing:

Congrats smerch on a amazing banner  outing  :worthy: ,  I hope you're icing that bicep ? so you can get back at'em ,  what length and power and action rod were you using.  :Gonefishing:

I was using my 12' Maddraggon  3 wgt. about 8' deep with a good current and some suspended algae , thus using 1.5 oz.weight . A bolt rig would work as well . I like to chum with the maize since it doesn't wash away quickly when the current picks up speed .....didn't really chum much there , they seem to be there regardless . 

(Doing pushups while dictating this to my wife .....)    B)

Archived