Sign in to follow this  
fredfisher

OPENER

buddies of mine fished the lower for opening day last Saturday.they did okay but said the heat killed them(anglers). Anybody pumped about the opener coming this Saturday in the rest of the zones!?!? I am! the wind may be a concern where I am going....

Hoping to get the kayak out on martindale for opener. Haven’t fished for bass exclusively in probably 2 years been hooked on carp. So going to have some fun this year I think. 

I was out on the lower for bass opener too. The fishing was awesome! But yes, I'm burnt! Caught between 50-60 smallmouth with a couple 5lbers. Going back out Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Hoping for similar results! Waited too long for bass season!

I can't wait as well but I have been noticing lots of bass still on beds, most likely due to the longer spring we had. Which makes me wonder what percentage of bass are actually done spawning when the season opens? especially in northern waters where the water temps are colder then southern areas of the province. Anyway, good luck this weekend and at least the temperatures will be tolerable compared to this past weekend!