Bass on Lake Ontario

tolly82

Still pretty new at this whole boating thing in this area. 

Are there smallmouth in lake Ontario? Keeping in mind I would be launching from St.Catharines. 

Just looking for general areas that I can hit on an evening after work, not looking for your secret honey holes. 

Thanks in advance. 

There are smallmouth in Lake Ontario. They aren’t in the quantities you will find in Lake Erie, but they are definitely there. Try 12-15’ depth where there are weeds or other structure as a good place to start.  Good luck

If you launch from municipal beach and head right, just on the other side of the canal there is a decent weedy bay out in front of happy Ralph’s.  You might have some decent luck there

I fished the Lower Niagara for smallmouth yesterday and today. Put 40 in the boat yesterday and about 50 in the boat today. They were hitting tubes and paddletails. Not far from St.Catherine's and great smallie population!

KGM: That weedy bay that is out the entrance to St. Caharines marina eh? 

Yakfish: That sounds like a good day on the water! I want to fish the lower but wasn't sure how long of a run it would be from the city. I'll have to give it a ahot on a weekend when I kniw I have more time. I know there is Queenston launch but an inexperienced wife at launching or towing we aren't quite ready for that launch yet. 

Archived