Hats off

NiagaraRiverFisher

Fishing line can prove to be very deadly to birds and other wildlife . UNFORTUNATELY , too many anglers do not consider this when leaving their garbage behind .  I was fishing at Gibson a few days ago and was shocked at the garbage left at 3 spots I fish ! It's only a matter of time until the signs & fences go up .......UNFORTUNATELY , these people don't care .

.....some of the garbage may not be anglers......just other nimrods with limited mental capacity......

...footnote to all of this ...  I visited a relative at the hospital  lately and while walking along the sidewalk there were thousands of butts tossed in the  "gardens"  near the bus stop .....almost looked like some fishing spots !   Looks like a hopeless situation to me .......:dunno:

10 hours ago, marktheperchman said:

My theory is that all these slobs must be descended from royalty and they just expect that someone else will pick it up while people like you and I will just keep cleaning up their mess because that's WHAT WE DO. 

There's a nice park at Gibby where they built the new monument (First Nations) . They have been keeping that park real nice this year (cut grass , trimmed trees , outhouse , garbage pails .  A city worker was picking up small bits of trash (butts ? ) ....yet just down the road you could fill a pickup with the trash !   That's the same spot I collected all the hockey gear & set it beside the garbage pails . Some guy was pumping up an inflatable paddle board and sure enough I saw him on the fast water channel leading to Lake Moodie .....completely ignoring the trespassing signs ..... Ya Mark , descended from Royalty for sure !  

Archived