ERIE BASSIN'

fredfisher

Saturday looked like it wasn't gonna be good on erie ...we went out late by my standards...on water @ 13:15...weather and lake primo!! sun even popped out every now and again. we boated ten bass in three hours...largest on was 4.7 lbs which I caught on a jitterbug... went out yesterday morning as well...fished an hour with no luck then the torrential down pour chased me off the lake.

ff

FRED ....a Jitterbug ....like the old 1950 J.B. that makes big bubbles on the surface ?   Didn't know they still sell those things .

I also like the "old" Hula Poppers . We used to toss those poppers both large and small into the lily pads at Jordan , years ago and have a riot with the bass .....Or toss the Jitterbugs along rocky shorelines at dusk and the bass would nail them .  ( no live frogs , mice or beavers )  for bait .   ?

jitterbug ,yes Bill ! doesn't everyone have a jitterbug,a daredevil and a 5 of diamonds in their boxes?! I thought that was mandatory gear since the 50's??!?!

I still have a bunch of those old lures Fred , must be worth thousands now !   We used to sneak in the DeCew reservoir (drinking water) and catch a lot of small mouth bass on a frog colour U20 Flatfish . ....great action on those oldies .  Nice improvement with the Kwikfish  ...those 4 spring loaded trebles on the Flatfish were a p.i.t.a. 

Nice to see the Jitterbug is still alive and catching bass ! 

The pond has gotten shallower over the years from runoff/silt . ...no more bass tourny's but still some bass in there . We like to play with the carp , drum , and cats . Catching a bass , pike or trout is a bonus . Fishing from the canoe has been good ....covering much more water .

Archived