Credit Cards

smerchly

Got my new C.T. card in the mail today . To activate it you must punch in your bank pin number . Just how safe is this ?

The other option is to call by phone and also punch in your pin number ....

Either way , I am sending  my personal pin number into cyber space where seasoned hackers have every tool on earth to get into company computers .

We have heard of many breaches of security lately including the RCMP , etc. ....so, it seems there is no choice if one wants a credit card ??  Any gurus out there that can comment on my "insecurities "  ?

If you are doing it at home, and you are in charge of your wifi connection, it is safe. just never open any bank related stuff on public wifi site such as mcdo, or the airport area. 

I buy on line goods for 15 years, almost as a lifestyle now. But I will never store the card number permanently at any on line retail site for shopping convenience purposes. 

Now go buy more fishing toys with your new credit card!

Thanks fishfight  .... it's a C.T. (Mastercard) that can be used most retail places , gas stations,  etc.  There is a 3 digit code on the card to be used for activating the new card for security purposes . My son (computer literate) dropped by tonight and said the same thing .....like buy him a new boat ....:o

Archived