Where are the carp hiding

Smash

I gave it a shot a Jordan today ....can you say  :skunk:  ?? A few carp were jumping but not interested in biting my corn . One day the bite is hot and the next day  zilch .  Had a few bumps but didn't lose a single kernel of corn in 3 hours . " Something" will turn them on as the water changes to their liking . We had some heavy rains , more on the way tomorrow so we will have to wait until they're good and ready (starving) before those whiskered girls are looking for a bite ....:Gonefishing:

Smash'em  Smash  !

I was out Sunday evening, few bumps but no takes.. lots of carp jumping.... me thinks with this heat spell coming after tomorrows rain should get them going again... I'm gonna try to get out a few times over the long wknd.

Sometimes I swear I dropped my line in the classroom  ...at lunch time & do very well !   Today I think they had a long recess and were outside playing soccer ..... I usually see baitfish come the end of June at Jordan but very little sign of them yet .....When they are jumping , I have found they don't bite as well .....just have to keep on them ....

On 6/26/2018 at 7:06 PM, DNorton said:

I hit gibby on Sunday for a few hours with no luck what so ever. My son caught a sucker and a rock bass in the 3 hours there. He seems to be out fishing me anymore. Hmmm

Don't give him ALL your secrets !  They call it beginners luck .....but my wife always seems to catch the largest fish of the day . ....even after I dulled the hook !!  :dunno:

Don't feel bad about Gibby ....no carp for me there this year , and I also got a very large sucker (red fin) ...maybe the same one your son caught ! B)

7 hours ago, smerchly said:

Don't give him ALL your secrets !  They call it beginners luck .....but my wife always seems to catch the largest fish of the day . ....even after I dulled the hook !!  :dunno:

Don't feel bad about Gibby ....no carp for me there this year , and I also got a very large sucker (red fin) ...maybe the same one your son caught ! B)

Yea I don’t know what’s been going on for me with carp this year. Having absolutely no luck so changing it up and hitting some bass tomorrow morning hopefully with top waters. Just for a change of pace. We shall see how it goes. 

• 2 weeks later...

Last Saturday, my girlfriend and I were trying to fish for bass in Lake Moodie, unfortunately, I didn't catch anything and I headed back to the car. I saw a guy pulling a huge carp out of the water, it was a hundred metres or so down from the bridge on decew road. He said he caught it using shrimp, and 'secret formula', I'm not sure if he was referring to some sort of product or something he concocted himself. 

Can anyone provide any insight as to what bait to use for carp, and what 'secret formula' may have been?

Thank-you, 

21 hours ago, Artyfranco said:

Can anyone provide any insight as to what bait to use for carp, and what 'secret formula' may have been?

Got any friends that belong to the OFAH?? If so they may have the June issue of Ontario out of Doors mag. There is a great article on Carp fishing.....................Daniel

21 hours ago, Artyfranco said:

check out OOD mag on line ...a few carp articles here.....

these are older articles (Lonnie King) but have lots of info . The bolt rig is fun to use when they bolt they BOLT !

https://www.oodmag.com/fishing/carp/tips-and-tricks-for-refined-carping/.

Archived