Simms wading boots

Tyler0420

After 7 years of hard fishing and bushwhacking I tossed my waders and boots they were beat.   I bought waders already and looking for boots now.  Anyone using the g3 or g4 boots? I think I wanna try the BOA lace system. Ya I’ve heard they brake sometimes, id keep a replacement set with me so g4’s I’d have to go with for BOA.  any reviews on these boots? Yes I know google has lots but I wanna hear from here.  

My laces lasted me 7 years before it broke, my buddy had to replace his BOA system every other year.

I'm looking for a new pair of wading boots as well, but I think I'm going to stick with the old school laces.

Ya I’m still looking for a pair of boots, Seems like no one has size 12&13’s. I think I’m going to stick with Laces. I don’t get why Simms would make a product that fails so often. The BOA system should last as long as the boot itself. 

Simms will replace the BOA system if it fails, but laces are eas

y to carry in the vest, and cheap too. I've worn Simms for the last 20 years and won't go anywhere else. Expensive? Yes! Worth it? Yes! I use the G3 Guide Boots. Best there is, IMO

Ya I know Simms will replace it but what call them up and wait 2 weeks for them to come in. I think I’ll be buying the g3’s. I’ll  see what the shop has when I get there  And after beating my boots and waders up for so long I won’t buy anything but Simms for now.  

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 3:10 PM, Lund-SS said:

G3s are great boots had mine for years with no issues other than replacing laces . I bought the kevlar ones from Mark's workwear and haven't had an issue since

Kevlar Laces?  I need new laces for my my g3s too. Last pair I bought are too thick and a pain to get out of the hooks...thinking thick would last longer. Im still not sure on the quality of the G3s...first pair I ripped the pull strap off after a month. Second pair under warranty the leather on the tongue is ripped and cracking around the toes after less 2 yrs. 

I seen Tylers new G3s, they changed them again and look better built now than the 2015/16 model.

Archived