Thieves in Welland

yakfish

Came out to leave for work yesterday morning. Found someone had gone thru my truck and stole some fishing stuff, a knife or two some change from the cup holders. But what really got me upset was that they stole a bunch of stuff out of the boat as well. They got my G Loomis E6X and Lews BB-1 pro, a St. Croix Eyecon with a Plfugar President XT, one of my soft sided tackle bags full of gear, a landing net. At least $1500 worth of gear. Probably more stuff that I didn't even notice because I was late leaving for work already.

Please keep your eyes open on the facebook market place and kijiji. I guess I need to do better at keeping my stuff locked up.

Brutal man I hope your day gets better.... I never keep anything in the boat at home even with the dog.... trusty 12 g pumps always ready for a late night investigation tho... todays day in age show those f@ck$ the same courtesy they show us 

Things have sure changed since the  "old days" . The amount of thieves out there is sick !  If you leave a bike unattended for 2 minutes ,it will be gone . I blame the courts for their lenient "sentences" . The cops catch'em & the judge releases them with a slap on the wrist . It's sad that we must lock our cars and possessions up to deter the thieves looking for more drug money .  Three pickup trucks have "disappeared " in my hood lately, costing the insurance companies well over 100 grand . We will pick up those costs in our policies ! 

I hope your insurance will cover most of your loss yakfish ... I'll keep an eye open for your stuff .

I'm speaking to my insurance company about it. The agent wasn't sure which policy it would fall under as some stuff was in the truck, some was in the boat and it was all in my driveway. My home insurance deductable is $1000 but my boat insurance deductible is only $250. If I get stuck with a $1000 deductible and they end up raising my rates as a result of the claim, then its not worth it and I'll just have to eat the loss. 

The problem is the result of a lot of things Smerch. Slaps on the wrist, bad parenting, not being "allowed" to spank your kids when they need it etc... Everybody feels entitled and has no more respect for anybody anymore. Makes me sick.

1 hour ago, yakfish said:

The problem is the result of a lot of things Smerch. Slaps on the wrist, bad parenting, not being "allowed" to spank your kids when they need it etc... Everybody feels entitled and has no more respect for anybody anymore. Makes me sick.

X2

1 hour ago, fredfisher said:

X2

Still lots of good honest people out there , but I feel we are being outnumbered ..... 

So , everything was in your boat yakfish .......:Gonefishing:

The big city problems of 20-30 years back are now an epidemic everywhere. The courts will never get tough on theiving because the bar society would never make any money,

That's terrible news yakfish. I hope these guys get caught.

I agree with the things you said. Children growing up nowadays can get away with anything. When they become adults, what do we really expect from them?

Guest brookie slayer

He's lucky...cuz some guy in Hamilton wasn't when he was breaking into a truck and owner came out with gun and put him down for good..got off too.

That is terrible, I hope you get your stuff back.  I had my float fishing gear stolen once at the Saugeen river about 25 years ago, men it hurt, I was only 15 and worked all summer to buy the gear.  Back then, the price for a float rod and reel was the same as it is right now! $400!

My 3 and 5 year olds run the house, don't listen, eat junk food all day and do what ever they feel like.  I blame my wife for that....

40 minutes ago, steelshady said:

My 3 and 5 year olds run the house, don't listen, eat junk food all day and do what ever they feel like.  I blame my wife for that....

I'm sure glad my 3 year old grandaughter does not behave like that here at home. George may have some fiery tantrums, but when the law is laid down, thats the end of it

Was your truck locked? I leave tackle in mine all the time! If the alarm goes off im out the door  in a hurry with a big stick!!!!!! No mercy! You wanna steal!? U pay my price!!! ? ? ? 

Who's to say it's kids?

Had my truck back slider window kicked in for $2.55 in change. Called the cops because damage ended up being over $4500. Cops said it's mostly people with addiction . They left a DSLR camera in my truck. Cop said it best... can't buy drugs with a camera. 

Ya hope u get your stuff back man what a piss off! Can't trust very many people nowadays.i know a guy that actually caught a teenager in his SUV stealing change from the cupholders .he kicked the door shut on the guys legs and then opened the door punched the kid in the head and when the cops came the kid wanted to press charges lol.imagine that b.s.

Welland is getting really bad .I had my truck broke into and it was locked .they must of had a master key or a slim jim . they stole my gps and a lot of other things . my friend had his garage broke into twice. I have seen teenagers walking down the streets at 3am wearing back packs . what is wrong with parents letting there kids stay out all night . there the ones I blame . td

Ours gets gone through all the time. Gang of people one in a car following as they walk the street looking for stuff if someone see they jump in the car and they are gone. Best is leave open and leave nothing for them to take then they don’t smash the windows. 

52 minutes ago, teedee said:

Welland is getting really bad .I had my truck broke into and it was locked .they must of had a master key or a slim jim . they stole my gps and a lot of other things . my friend had his garage broke into twice. I have seen teenagers walking down the streets at 3am wearing back packs . what is wrong with parents letting there kids stay out all night . there the ones I blame . td

And part of the problem there is with the government making laws to make it tougher for the cops to do their jobs with this "carding". It used to be that when kids were out on the street at that time of day, possibly/probably up to no good they could go question and I.D. them, not anymore! 

And they wonder why people take the law in their own hands Police can't do a thing with this card BULL. 

And they wonder why people get racist, never was before but I am now. 

Get sick and tired about pore me I'm hard done by, it's all our fault.

Sorry about your loss yacfish, have it done a few more times and you'll feel the same as me.

And far as calling the police they won't do nothing, they can't, or won't because they'll lose their job and if they do get to your place the scum bag will be in Alaska by that time.

And don't put too many claims in because your insurance will cancel you. They fail to tell you that, it happened to me.

I couldn't get house insurance for years, and tell me I wasn't living on the edge.

Then some say watch my mouth, ya OK.:wall:

I believe they call it racial profiling .....We know the reason why the jail population is mostly non white . When a truck is stolen , we know where it will end up ....the cops know , the courts know , but "We don't want to be racist do we ?" The crooks now have many more tools to cut any lock or chain....  Hopefully  the new premier of Ontario will  bring back some sanity from the "Wynne" laws and stop pampering the druggies & other thieves  and force them into strict rehab places with locks !  Too many lawyers , etc. sharing the proceeds of crime .... judges granting remands over and over , and criminals with 6 pages of criminal offenses getting  another slap on the wrist ....sure keeps those  legal eagles flying high..... Next step.....get rid of that "pansy" in Ottawa !   And ...prisoners should NOT have the RIGHT to vote !  Their rights are on hold "temporarily" ....

I suppose the next thing for us is to buy elaborate alarm systems  and cameras for our house , car , boat , garage ,  etc....  The government  would love the extra hst taxes from that !  Just think of the millions in taxes the government rakes from insurance claims , like replacing that $50,000 truck ......Now you know why thieves are a tax resource for our illustrious gubberment.

1 hour ago, smerchly said:

I believe they call it racial profiling .....We know the reason why the jail population is mostly non white . When a truck is stolen , we know where it will end up ....the cops know , the courts know , but "We don't want to be racist do we ?" The crooks now have many more tools to cut any lock or chain....  Hopefully  the new premier of Ontario will  bring back some sanity from the "Wynne" laws and stop pampering the druggies & other thieves  and force them into strict rehab places with locks !  Too many lawyers , etc. sharing the proceeds of crime .... judges granting remands over and over , and criminals with 6 pages of criminal offenses getting  another slap on the wrist ....sure keeps those  legal eagles flying high..... Next step.....get rid of that "pansy" in Ottawa !   And ...prisoners should NOT have the RIGHT to vote !  Their rights are on hold "temporarily" ....

I suppose the next thing for us is to buy elaborate alarm systems  and cameras for our house , car , boat , garage ,  etc....  The government  would love the extra hst taxes from that !  Just think of the millions in taxes the government rakes from insurance claims , like replacing that $50,000 truck ......Now you know why thieves are a tax resource for our illustrious gubberment.

????X100

You said it smerch. Get a job and pay Taxes like every Canadian.

We ALL get the same things and we ALL should have to pay, no FREE ride like some (LOTS). 

Don't live in the passed, and don't blame the ones that work for a living and get robbed.

Were all landed immigrants at one point 1 year to 1000 years ago.

Sick and tired listening about your great great great grandfather got a smaller piece of cake, my dogs bigger than your dog.

Now lets go fishing and lets ALL abide by the same limits. (Rules)

Then we won't feel like racial profiling.

I work with addicts and criminals and its a joke what they get away with, assault, rape etc. The mental health act is so abused and exploited by lawyers/ doctors to get meth heads off charges makes me sick.No accountability in our society. Take law into your own hands and break some little f$&@s legs see how fast he runs with your gear!! 

I believe we are seeing some "take the law into your own hands"  . People are frustrated at our lenient court system and are doing "things" to protect their properties .  As cities grow so does the crime.....The police in Toronto had "carding" bestowed upon them and now they have little contact with the public . I just read this  in the Sun .....  Is it no wonder crime is sky rocketing there....and coming our way ....  Read the comments from the people....

http://torontosun.com/news/local-news/warmington-peel-police-chief-says-violence-increase-disturbing#comments

Archived