Thieves in Welland

yakfish

Pretty sure it's a lad and lass in their early 20s who go around on bikes,  seen them slowly cruising at stupid o'clock in the morning,  scanning up driveways. 

Neighbors have them on CCTV trying car doors over the road. 

Had my rusty beater ransacked 3 times already this year,  if I go out for a smoke in the wee hours I always make sure I'm hiding in the shadows,  luckily there's a crowbar always handy,  I don't even lock the truck anymore,  last time they stole a pack of gum and threw all my doo-doo on the driveway.

If you post a picture of what you lost I'll keep my eye out,  second hand shop on east main has CCTV and are quite helpful 

On June 30, 2018 at 7:14 AM, jessek said:

Ours gets gone through all the time. Gang of people one in a car following as they walk the street looking for stuff if someone see they jump in the car and they are gone. Best is leave open and leave nothing for them to take then they don’t smash the windows. 

I mistakenly left my truck unlocked a couple of weeks ago, unbeknownst to me. Woke up the next morning and stuff I know was in my garage was in my driveway in the morning, weird I thought. Quickly realized that my garage had been entered. Checked my truck and my garage door remote was missing. Promptly reset my garage door opener and re-programmed my remaining remote. The only thing missing from my garage was my son's $1200 mountain  bike which was located down the street, guess they were tired of pushing it with two flat tires. Lesson learned! A couple of neighbours have cameras so I have a description of the perpetrators. 

They stole my sons bike in the falls yesterday.  He saved up for it with his own money, I wish I could find the guy.  I don't think its kids, its the pill popping meth heads!

Checking out the archives here and it seems we have been on this subject before ....

http://www.niagarafishing.net/forums/topic/34249-thieves/?tab=comments#comment-274346

The thieves take advantage of new technology as well as using better "tools of the trade" . Nothing is too big to steal and I believe it's mostly drug related . Next , they will be using drones/google  maps etc. to check properties for items to steal ....it may be time to hide some possessions under camo tarps......

Maybe some of  the stolen fishing gear ends up in pawn shops ....we have a flea market here on St.Paul St. that advertises fishing gear ....may be worth a look see .

3 minutes ago, bigugli said:

With all this swampland in the Niagara region, we should be able to cure some of the problem without the "help" of the courts?

Sound like you heard the song from Charlie Daniels called "Simple Man" ...some real old fashioned justice in that song .....

34 minutes ago, fuillihc said:

I live in rural NOTL.  Everyone now has cameras and security systems because all the break-ins.  A few years ago there was no need to lock your doors, sad times.  

when I was a kid , growing up in the "Western Hill" , living in the war time houses , we didn't lock anything ...the house , car , bicycles etc .  Our lenient courts have changed that !

11 hours ago, Tyler0420 said:

What happened to getting a hand chopped off for stealing something?

6 hours ago, yakfish said:

I have an axe and a machete!

That's a bit barbaric but I know what you mean  ......

We wouldn't want to see  some of those Islamic laws  take hold in this country .....and some are trying .....  :ph34r:

https://www.quora.com/Did-any-Muslim-countries-actually-practice-hand-cutting-as-a-punishment-for-stealing

A nice cozy little "cage" with no frills  would be a good start .....and take their cell phones !  ( but that might be cruel & unusual punishment)  :read:

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, jhm123452000 said:

I left my suv and boat on the road for the night a couple weeks back and my gas tank was stolen! Good thing I noticed before I got to the Lake.

Your Avatar... That you after you catch the puke:D 

Archived