Niagara area fishing

Mnibs

Hey everyone new to the forum and I was looking for some info on the niagara whirlpool. I’m from Windsor and would make the drive for the day to try the whirl pool and was gonna try port Dalhousie also but now that’s off the table. I don’t own a boat or fly fish so basically have no experience with salmon or trout, I’m just looking for some tips on what to throw like swim baits, lures, spoons or egg sacs. I was thinking about coming up between September  to late October just wondering when the best time would be. And also any other areas I should check out since I’ll be out that way. Thanks in advanced and tight lines.

Hey Mr Nibs .....welcome to board ....not much going on here with this heat wave in Niagara . Your better off fishing late October when the browns and kings start their lake migration into the tribs .  Not sure about shore space at Port Dal. as the work begins to "renovate"  the area with more new buildings . Parking could be hard to find ....we will have to wait & see what happens .  The pool  should hold kings then also but it may be crowded ....Keep in touch with us and you may get more info first hand in Oct/Nov.

Cheers

Archived