Jack Lake info please

Bubba14

Good evening Gents! In a couple of weeks I'll be heading to Jack Lake (north-east of Peterborough, south-east of Apsley) with the wife and grandson. I've never fished this lake and was wondering if anyone here has. I'm aware of the species and have heard of some productive areas but would like to know if there is any personal experience from this board.

Thanks in advance and tight lines!!

Bubba.. Jack lake is awsome! Buddy has a trailer there and ivve beemn often. Bass small and large mouth are every where. If its calm, topwater or senkos wacky style. Fish the weeds. Blue senko killed em last seasson. If breezy throw spinner baits and hang on. Not unusual to hook a muskie! Plenty of them there! Never fished walley but the are there! Bait shops or the marina should have a fish map! Lakers are in Sharps bay. Lots of shoals so be careful. Good luck and enjoy!! 

• 4 weeks later...

Jack Lake was a good time! Tons of pannies, largies and smallies! Apparently the walleye fishing this year has been really tough and I can attest to that! We only got one 15"er. We did have about a 3' musky take two swipes at a sunfish we got alongside the boat. It wouldn't bother to hit anything we threw after.

All in all a very good week!

Archived