Jump to content


Sign in to follow this  
gunner-2

garbage pick up

Recommended Posts

We have had problems in St.Kitts also Gunner . Many areas not getting it picked up ...problems with employees not showing up for work , maybe related to the hot days  . They don't pay decent wages for this job ...someone has to do it .  I can think of  a million other places I'd work for $15-16 an hour where it's cleaner , cooler and smells nicer ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, smerchly said:

We have had problems in St.Kitts also Gunner . Many areas not getting it picked up ...problems with employees not showing up for work , maybe related to the hot days  . They don't pay decent wages for this job ...someone has to do it .  I can think of  a million other places I'd work for $15-16 an hour where it's cleaner , cooler and smells nicer ! 

Very true smerch some days i feel sorry for then with the heat and that smell but man i'm starting to get a mountain of garbage time for a dump run

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gunner-2 said:

Very true smerch some days i feel sorry for then with the heat and that smell but man i'm starting to get a mountain of garbage time for a dump run

We haven't had our garbage pickup yet today , maybe come tomorrow . I cleaned a big fish today and the carcass is simmering in the green bin with a nice load of dog $hit & rotting veggies. It should be nice and ripe by tomorrow ....if they come .  I heard they are using temp. workers and they pick the time they will work .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Niagara Region has posted public notices about ongoing garbage collection problems with Emterra. We had these problems already last year. Seems the region backed the wrong horse. What a surprise:slap:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, bigugli said:

Niagara Region has posted public notices about ongoing garbage collection problems with Emterra. We had these problems already last year. Seems the region backed the wrong horse. What a surprise:slap:

The region gives jobs to the lowest bidder to do jobs the city employees once did, from roadwork to bridges ......like the new Burgoyne bridge which doubled in costs when finished .  The collectors never know what to expect when picking up the trash , from tons of broken furniture , mattresses , etc. One house had at least 15 large leaf/yard waste bags today . The trucks get filled & must make another dump run .....Emturra has been fined by the city a few times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, smerchly said:

We have had problems in St.Kitts also Gunner . Many areas not getting it picked up ...problems with employees not showing up for work , maybe related to the hot days  . They don't pay decent wages for this job ...someone has to do it .  I can think of  a million other places I'd work for $15-16 an hour where it's cleaner , cooler and smells nicer ! 

And yet these poorly paid workers do the best that they can.

A week ago I had an incident with one who I felt went above and beyond what he was getting paid for!

I had a brown bag out for pickup that had a lot of plant waste debris in it.  When the worker lifted it up to put it n the truck, the bottom ripped out of the bag, and everything went on the road.  The worker could have just left it there and driven off, but he picked up everything he could get with his gloves, then got a shovel from the truck and cleaned everything off the road!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well had to call this morning they say they are having a hard time keeping staff .Well ya pay them its a nasty job they came and picked up recycle but garbage is still hear 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×