t2damofoc

Lake Gibson/Moody Bass

It's hard enough to find the carp , cats , sheephead or suckers this year . I haven't seen the bait fish there either .  Maybe ...the pike have eaten them up !

Good luck finding the smallies or buckets ....drop a minnow or worm for the rock bass .  ?

Yeah it's crazy. Was there just last night. I can see fish in there. Just wait 5 minutes and you'll see them jumping or thrashing by the lilly pads or out in the middle of the lake. Nothing in throwing (bass specific lures) is grabbing their attention so must be carp or something. 

Closer to the shoreline last night I had a few bites on a Gary Yamamoto 4 inch Senko Texas rigged. Pretty sure it was rock bass because the hit was a little more intense than a sunfish. Didn't nail the little bastard though. 

On 9/12/2018 at 12:03 PM, t2damofoc said:

Anyone catching any bass at Gibson our Moody lately? Been skunked au many times it hurts lol

Caught a 2lbs LMB at Marlatts Rd. In October. She took the senko! 

Moodie and Gibson are hard bodies of water to fish once the temps spike, so the shallow areas around the shoreline are not favorable for anyone.