Legend Boat Followup

genec

Well, I took the advice from the people on this website and contacted that J&J Marine Repair about my Legend boat.  When I phoned him last week he said that he was in Gogama (I presume moose hunting), and said to bring the boat up this Wednesday.  After lunch Wednesday I took it up, expecting to be taking it to a Mon-to-Fri marine repair shop.
Instead, when I got there I found it was an old house in the country with boats, motors and marine junk scattered around outside, and no repair shop.  Most importantly, no one was around, no one answered at the house door, and no one answered the phone!  So I ended up wasting a 3-hour round trip for nothing!
I’ll be contacting Legend today in Barrie to take my boat up there.

Sorry to hear that genec, he has been great in the past. I know guys that has had big repairs there that have been very happy.

Place doesn't look like much but he has came through with good work and a great price.

He is the son off Paul's Marine Welding that use to be in Hamilton.

If it was me, I think i'd be giving him call and you know what.

Fish Farmer, it didn't look like he had any heavy lift equipment there anywhere to be able to handle my boat to get the motor off or be able to access the parts of my hull that need repairs!

Plus, with no indoor facility, and all the rain forecast, I don't want the carpeted areas remaining in my boat to end up being a soggy, mouldy mess when I finally get it back!

20 hours ago, genec said:

Well, I took the advice from the people on this website and contacted that J&J Marine Repair about my Legend boat.  When I phoned him last week he said that he was in Gogama (I presume moose hunting), and said to bring the boat up this Wednesday.  After lunch Wednesday I took it up, expecting to be taking it to a Mon-to-Fri marine repair shop.
Instead, when I got there I found it was an old house in the country with boats, motors and marine junk scattered around outside, and no repair shop.  Most importantly, no one was around, no one answered at the house door, and no one answered the phone!  So I ended up wasting a 3-hour round trip for nothing!
I’ll be contacting Legend today in Barrie to take my boat up there.

Good Idea to take it to proper shop. Have you tried to contact the manufacturer on this? That's a defect and at the very least they should stand behind the boat in some manner. I hope everything goes well for you and its repaired properly...no boat should fail like that, definitely a defect and no fault of yours.

Archived