How has your duck hunt been so far

gunner-2

I haven't been out duck hunting yet this year but i wen't to my spot this morning not hunting just to check it out i was there before light and around 7 am i had so many ducks coming in if i had to guess there must have been about 800 birds but this year i had retired my dog and my hunting partner just cant get out  so i don't know if i will hunt these birds 

May ol' Gunner's retirement be long and happy !   Hunting mallards & teal in the corn fields & ponds can be dog friendly or dogless .... having trouble today keeping those feathered quackers away from my fishing line !   Good luck if you get out gunner !

thanks smerchly  i was going to hunt him this year and retire him next year but he has bad allergies and has been chewing him self up bad $80 for his meds it going to help him but i'm not going to send him out in swamp water and risk infection so i retired him early 

that sucks gunner.  You have him on Apoquel or some kind of anti-itch?  Allergies sucks bad and it's even worse if you and your buddy can't get out together to hunt.

27 minutes ago, duck&wine said:

that sucks gunner.  You have him on Apoquel or some kind of anti-itch?  Allergies sucks bad and it's even worse if you and your buddy can't get out together to hunt.

Thanks duck&wine it sucks bad he loves to hunt i might take a day to hunt my spot in the field if i can get them to come to the cut corn field i might take him out a day or two

but they seem to just go to the creek and the mud in the creek stinks bad so not sending him in there

Ugh.  They love it more than us.  Hopefully, you both can get out.  I completely understand WRT allergies as my lab has been battling over the past year but I think he is ready to go now.

That's a bummer about your dog gunner. Got out spur of the moment last night for the first time this year. Didn't get out until close 6, only saw a couple geese from a distance and not a single duck. We were in Wainfleet area on the river. Still nice to get out though.

2 hours ago, Surf and Turf said:

That's a bummer about your dog gunner. Got out spur of the moment last night for the first time this year. Didn't get out until close 6, only saw a couple geese from a distance and not a single duck. We were in Wainfleet area on the river. Still nice to get out though.

Ya it's a bummer and i wan't to get out my spot has a lot of birds but it's not the same with out my buddy if his meds clear him up and his raw spots clear up i will get him out or if can set up in the field i will take out .I feel guilty going out with out him but at the same time i like to duck hunt too 

14 hours ago, duck&wine said:

Ugh.  They love it more than us.  Hopefully, you both can get out.  I completely understand WRT allergies as my lab has been battling over the past year but I think he is ready to go now.

Its funny i have always had a dog but never had a dog with this problem what is going on or is it just labs?I have 2 choc labs only one hunts but they both have allergies but this year Gunner has it bad this year.

• 1 month later...

Archived