Niagara Outdoor Show

w1w

...started early, this year. Attendance was down in 2018. I was sorting some event stuff and came across a book with over 250 e-mail addresses from gate ballots (from 8 years ago). Nice find to add to the current list that goes out before the show on Sunday, March 10. If you know of someone that might be interested in being involved as a retailer/exhibitor, my contact info is at the bottom of www.niagaraoutdoorshow.com My focus this year is retail. Attendance at shows has changed. There used to be only one show in Toronto. Now, there's two. And there's shows around Toronto, as well. Geography is strange. A big show could not 'make it' in Niagara Falls. Is the Carp show (Ottawa) still going?...I'm not sure. Fort Erie is at the end of the road. Hard to draw from the States and with being a small town, we depend on folks driving a 1/2 hour or more to Fort Erie. Bass Pro, Peter's, Canadian Tire, Walmart, Kijiji and down our way, Cabela's, Gander Mountain and Dick's. Let's not forget Amazon and ebay. The market is flooded with fishing equipment. I appreciate the support of everyone that makes this event possible. If you have a product that is fishing, hunting or boating related and you would like to promote it, an 8' table with linen is $20. We all have fishin' stuff that we don't use anymore. Why not get a table and try to get rid of it? Have some ideas? You can check our facebook page, Niagara Outdoor Show, too...thanx, Bill

• 1 month later...

...been busy with the show...working on a 1300+ email list (past gate ballots)...NOS banner will appear on the front page of the NF Review on Mar.7...same banner in all 7 Niagara this Week publications (broke the bank!), week leading into...the FE Times folded in 2017, affecting attendance...this year, I'm hoping to see the The Post in FE pick up the networking, locally, with an image/story (caption)...banner will be in there, also...Niagara region flyer blitz...facebook page (270 followers) started in 2017...fb ads, too...website...there's only so much an organizer can do to promote an event...it costs $2000 to produce this show...let's see...500 adults @ $5...well, you can see I'm not in it for the money, considering the work involved. I saw a post by BU regarding one of the big shows. It's hard to justify the expense of being a vendor at a TO show if the return is not there, I guess. This event needs your support whether you attend or decide to be a vendor! There are still some tables available. Why not get rid of the fishing stuff you don't need? If you rent a table for $20, you don't have to pay the $5 admission. With the money you make, you can buy some new stuff that you do need? Starting to make sense? If you go to the Niagara Outdoor Show facebook page and like it, you will become a follower. I'll be posting a lot of product for sale. A lot of that info will be posted here, too. Ugliboys will be there. Will you? The 'regulars' seem to be returning and we've got 4 new vendors, so far...

...started in early November and finish follow-up by mid-March. That's 4 months working on a project that I enjoy. Two shows would affect my blood pressure, no doubt (lol...or not?)... 

Archived