Who fishes Peace Bridge?

DaveC

Never fished the Peace bridge, but I hear people do. Is it drifting roe bags from the wall? Or is wading required?  My knees are shot so no risky wading for me...lol. Just curious, I might give it a go sometime. Can anyone share their experiences and approach to fishing there? thx

Is that the bridge by fishin Niagara?

I've been down a few times,  always blanked. 

I tried spinning, and lures. Seen lads bottom bouncing. 

Definitely nowhere to wade though,  it's mainly a wall you fish off.

Think there's a few clips on YouTube mate.

Edit.  Don't take me blanking as a bad sign,  I'm still always learning and I'm not certain if I was going the right time of year,  saw other guys pull a few in.

2 minutes ago, Limey said:

Is that the bridge by fishin Niagara?

I've been down a few times,  always blanked. 

I tried spinning, and lures. Seen lads bottom bouncing. 

Definitely nowhere to wade though,  it's mainly a wall you fish off.

Think there's a few clips on YouTube mate.

Believe it or not Ive seen a spey guy wading there when I was passing over the bridge...no thanks to that !!  Im curious if you can float fish there or is it all bottom bouncing? thanks for your input though..

there is good fishing all along the upper river Dave.  I float roe bags with a centre pin setup all around there.  it can be very productive fishing if you know where to go.  i used to work at the peace bridge (pictured behind me) and i would regularly catch 3-4 fish in under 45 mins before work most days i went out.  i find it most productive at first light.  you can wade certain areas quite easily or fish from the break wall for those long hero drifts.  if you fish from the wall, bring a very long handled net.  

30742850_10156345663206528_4507766750669

30707352_10156333356521528_3210210220915

Nice Alex, you'll have to show me the ropes up there. Im sure its bigger floats and more weight. Crap that...to working on the bridge !! Ive seen them up there with the wind and all...lol No way Id do that !!! Do you get any browns at all ?  I took Tyler down to the Boat docks for the first time and he slammed a nice big bow on his second drift....Im not to keen on bottom bouncing but I,ll do it if that's the only option. Good to see your still out there !!!

2 hours ago, cplummer said:

I fish the upper alot..

I know your out in the boat Cliff...Call me a baby, but I like to have my feet on solid ground on that river. When crap goes wrong, id be the one there...lol

18 hours ago, DaveC said:

I know your out in the boat Cliff...Call me a baby, but I like to have my feet on solid ground on that river. When crap goes wrong, id be the one there...lol

The upper is quite safe from a bost Dave..

Safer than the lower

Cliff you must be checking water reports from your couch.  I didn’t see any water that looked brown. Maybe lightly stained but clear as much as I could see.  

First time fish the upper n snag City. No fish for me. Lovely fishing in the snow/rain. It’s stealhead time :)

2 hours ago, Tyler0420 said:

Cliff you must be checking water reports from your couch.  I didn’t see any water that looked brown. Maybe lightly stained but clear as much as I could see.  

First time fish the upper n snag City. No fish for me. Lovely fishing in the snow/rain. It’s stealhead time :)

Iam on the upper daily.. From shore or boat.. 

7 hours ago, Tyler0420 said:

Snag city...lol. Hey that's where the fish are.  Im sure you have to know where to go on the upper.  Might have to move around a bit. 

• 3 weeks later...

It's too nice out still...Haha.. lots of beauty steelies on the upper but have to adjust to the conditions accordingly and not mind donating some tackle along the way....think pink...always a productive color on the upper 

I visited there on this thursday around 11am and saw a man fishing near the bridge.

And there was 3 boats fishing along the Niagara river. 2 were fishing near train bridge.

I should go fishing to Upper Niagara cause Port D is full of people even all day long.

Archived