Awfully quiet

bigugli

Lately, I would have to say a morgue has more traffic than here. Then again, the weather has not been very good the past month. Temperatures and weather up and down like a yoyo and water the richness of hot choclate. Not much of a fall.

Haven't had much time for fishing myself. Been too busy making jigs and sinkers.  

Maybe we'll get early ice?

Hey big ug been a long time..just chiming in to say hi..figure out this site..then I be able to help you wake the dead.. 

48 minutes ago, Jwl1 said:

Hey big ug been a long time..just chiming in to say hi..figure out this site..then I be able to help you wake the dead.. 

JACK ???   Guitar Jack ?  Pike catchin Jack ?  Moira Lake Jack ?? 

Well ,  welcome back old timer !! Good to see you living in the big city !   We do need some  help to wake up the zombies , but as bigugli said weather plays a big part , especially with the boaters .  I hope we get some early ice ....still looking for some minnies , hope Peter's has some soon .

Yes that's me glad to be back.. been too long since I have seen some of the great people I have met along the way over the years here..and the great fishing misadventures

Hey that would be awesome cliff.. just so happens that I am off for the winter 😁 got your number and will shoot you a line early in the week to further up plans

• 2 weeks later...

So looks like me and smerch the only ones fishing this week?🤔... well I know cliff was too on account of  being out in his boat yesterday catching steelies 😎.... come on folks... bundle up and get out there... while everyone is sipping tea and knitting doilies at the quilting bee...there is some of the best fishing to be had of the whole year at this time of year...we are blessed to live in such a diverse area for multi species fishing

No doilies? Awe man what am I going to use for a coaster while I'm warming up with a drink after fishing?... if you guys need pics for inspiration.... I can edit my steelie report from yesterday as soon as the pics are sent to me 😏

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Jwl1 said:

Only me..cliff ..smerch ...and bigugli fishing?....lol

Us old guys are a tough bunch JW  !!   :angry:

18 minutes ago, Jwl1 said:

Although if some of you are still knitting... I could use a new fishing toque for Christmas 🎁

The Grinch toque is scaring the kiddies JW ....lose it !   I have a few from the dollar store if you like one...no green ones ! .....got a nice pink one for steel fishing  ..   :santa:

Smercho Clause

Haha.... that's so funny you said that about the grinch that...because that's exactly what my girlfriend said as soon as she saw the pics we had from that day........ and you are right bill...us old guys are a tough bunch.... either that or we don't know any better ...Haha....and about the pink toque....ah man you just gave away the secret color 

Yepper Jack ....that's why us tough old dudes are still here !   After my heart "contusion" the doc told me to take it easy for a while ....back to normal the next day and forgetting it happened . Ya gotta keep movin man or the parts will rust !  Ain't that so FF ?  !!  Keep the fire burnin !!  :smiley_campfire-1:  

My last 5 trips have been a bust .....pulling the last batch of my hair out trying to find my old touch .....  looks like another trip to Beamsville (fish'n chips)   :blush:

Gladly get out with you after the holidays Smerchmiester and do some local fishing ... maybe we can even catch one 🐟🐡

I was out at Port D Thursday, tried my hand a bottom bouncing for the first time in a while, didn't get a thing, the bite was good though, till they messed with the current.

Well, I decided to put down the quilt and head out for a few hours fishing this morning to a Lake O harbour mouth.  Float fished some roe to try and trick some steelies but no takers today, so I guess it would have been more productive staying home and finishing the quilt.  lol

Actually, it was nice to get out and manage to gather a little intel from some local sticks about fishing the area this time of year.  These guys have the bows and pike dialed in and are proof, as Jack said, about the great fishing to be had throughout our area at this time of year.

Anyhoo, hopefully next time I'll have a good story and pics to share.

Archived