Inhouse derbies

Jwl1

Hey it's been a long time since I have been in this loop. Do you guys still try and get together and throw some boater non boater random derbies together like some of us used to do in the old days..? Unfortunately I don't have a boat anymore but some of the old timers on here that knew me over the years know that I have the know how to put fish in the boat... I always found it to be a great day out... and as I recall I may have even won a few events along the way... but ya ya... I know.. Haha.  Just asking

THe problem is in finding people willing to step up to th plate. Usuallyu, a few will chirp about the lack of events, but always step back when asked if they will volunteer.

The "I want it as long as somebody else arranges it" crowd.

Heck in times past a few of us would out in our time to get prize donations ect.. fir example ugliboys 😁 I'm willing to help out anytime..we used to get enough donations to almost send every participant home with something... everything from charter for the day... custom rods from cliff.. tackle packages and so on... I know I haven't been around for a few years but I'm just as willing as before.. and eager to get back out there and catch up with some great nfn members

Simpler to just get some guys together on the ice , toss 5 bucks into the pot , meet some members and chew the fat .

Winners get some $ plus bragging rights   :bravo:

Bruce put on a small derby at The Pond like that and we had a good time . Maybe have a bbq -dogs -soup on the ice too .

Maybe the old rules are here somewhere.....

Make the rules simple and fair to all and wait for solid ice and decent weather conditions which means short notice .... like a week or so..

Mmm I have had the pleasure of a few bigugli shore lunches... and also had the pleasure of going home with a couple extra bucks in my pocket 😏 it really is s great way for newbies to learn from some vets and to meet some great people along the way

Wow I also see I got a pft load of catching up to do to get into some of the forums... good thing I already know where and how to get em or I would have to average a couple hundred posts a day to get all the secret maps..... float around the lake until I come to the big x on the water then drop a line 😲

20 minutes ago, Jwl1 said:

Wow I also see I got a pft load of catching up to do to get into some of the forums... good thing I already know where and how to get em or I would have to average a couple hundred posts a day to get all the secret maps..... float around the lake until I come to the big x on the water then drop a line 😲

Jack my number is 289-321-0631

Self employed fish when i see fit.. Call buddy

Archived