Sign in to follow this  
Fishguy85

Rainbow Trout Limit Question

Hi guys I have a question regarding the limit for Rainbow Trout in the Niagara River. I have a conservation licence and want to know what my limit would be for rainbows I caught 2 last spring on separate days.  

Is that for the year ? See I am not sure I have been fishing since I was 3yrs old and I have had my fishing license for 16 years I checked the website and it showed 2 for conservation but wasn't sure if that was for the whole year. 

Limits are per day. They are also your possession limit. So catch one. Go home and eat it. Go back tomorrow and catch another one.

Catch and release there is not really a limit. Catch as many as you can and release them.

Edited by Chrisb

For those of us who are over 65  , I believe the possession limit for bows is 2 , and 4 if a wife is also over 65 . ( that would include moi )

I'm not sure about a family with kids......

I'm pretty sure conservation limit is 2 trout with no more than 1 being a lake trout... so that means if you have 2 in the freezer you aren't supposed to keep any more until those are gone...possession limit is how many you have whether it be in your live well or in your freezer

For kids under liscence age....seniors...handicapped...limit is the same as liscence

Not trying to be a stick in the mud but being on several sites i see this all the time! All this info is available online. You should download it and save it on ur phone, so theres never any question about wether your legal or not! Works for me!! Never depend on some one elses interpritation of the law! It may cist you dearly!! Know the regs! Its your responsibility! 

56 minutes ago, Gil said:

All this info is available online. You should download it and save it on ur phone, so theres never any question about wether your legal or not! Works for me!! Never depend on some one elses interpritation of the law! It may cist you dearly!! Know the regs! Its your responsibility! 

Quoted as this is the best advice ever given on this site.  The regulations can change annually and there is no excuse for not being up on then if you are fishing.  The MNR won't care that you can recite the previous years version if there was changes.

3 hours ago, Gil said:

Not trying to be a stick in the mud but being on several sites i see this all the time! All this info is available online. You should download it and save it on ur phone, so theres never any question about wether your legal or not! Works for me!! Never depend on some one elses interpritation of the law! It may cist you dearly!! Know the regs! Its your responsibility! 

Thanks for the suggestion I have always had a hard time reading and understanding sentences and paragraphs and there meanings since I was a ki. I know the MNR doesn't care that you know it off by heart just as long as you know your limit for that species. 

Edited by Fishguy85