Sign in to follow this  
JiggingtroutNsalmon

Squarebills for trout????

They look like the Wiggle warts which I have a couple .   When the trout are hitting lures I think they will hit most that have good action . I have had luck with the Kwikfish as well . Most have rattles and float , so I like to use them with a 3 way rig to keep them a foot or two from bottom .

...this link has some info ......

https://www.gonefishingnw.com/best-how-to-guide-for-plug-fishing-for-steelhead-part-1/

Good article smerch, those type plugs are my go to when fishing a particular river full of log jams that made traditional bottom bouncing or float fishing near impossible, just drop them back under the logs.

I was more so talking about the kvds 1.5 and luckycraft 1.5. Traditional bass baits for trout. I was thinking casting in marinas and from piers along lake O . marinas run anywhere from 7-9 feet(atleast the ones i fish) and kvds 1.5 run 4-6 and seeing as trout feed up i would think they would be running at a perfect depth to get hit. I dunno maybe im wrong and way off but i think sooner or later im gonna get a big ole brown if i keep at it with the kvd 1.5s. Ill let you guys know if i get lucky.