It's been a while

marth11

Hi ya'll, it's been a while, it's bassmaster12 here, I haven't been fishing too much, broke both my heels in a fishing accident ironically enough. So spent all summer in a wheelchair, also went blind in my right eye, that involved some surgery. Either way, hoping to get into some steelies in the morning at Port, only my 3rd time fishing since the accident which was June 20th, and first time without casts or assistance. Don't mind the toe nails, as it was hard to trim em lol.

FB_IMG_1542229246417.jpg

That's some bad luck there mate,  good that you're on the road to recovery though. 

How exactly did you do your heels? 

Maybe see you down port one of the days 

6 hours ago, Limey said:

That's some bad luck there mate,  good that you're on the road to recovery though. 

How exactly did you do your heels? 

Maybe see you down port one of the days 

I was getting off a boat after fishing, instead of taking the steps, I decided to just drop off, since I am 6'4ish and it was only 4.5 foot drop give or take. If you're wondering I didn't catch any fish.

5 hours ago, fredfisher said:

welcome back joey,go get 'em!

I never left, more or less went into lurk mode, I also haven't got many picture worthy fish, been an average couple of years for me lol.

Good to see you have your feet back Joe ....now start kicking a$$ and show us how it's done ! 

I remember well,  a few years ago , you had a long tussle with a big sturgeon that eventually broke off ....still have a vid.of that !

I'll be looking for you at Port .....look for my tan/green Astro van  ( CAAS740) .

5 hours ago, marth11 said:

I was getting off a boat after fishing, instead of taking the steps, I decided to just drop off, since I am 6'4ish and it was only 4.5 foot drop give or take. If you're wondering I didn't catch any fish.

Ouch, one was unlucky but two is nightmare 

27 minutes ago, Limey said:

Ouch, one was unlucky but two is nightmare 

Yeah, I was lucky I didn't break both my hands or I'd have to have someone wipe me lol, I stayed pretty positive through out the whole ordeal, told myself that I can't always control what happens to me, I can however control how it effects me.

15 hours ago, bobert said:

Great attitude! Your resiliency will serve you well. I'm sorry you had that bad accident(s) but you are back in action and I hope the fishing gods stay on your side for a while.

Thanks! I've spent a lot time reading up on the ancient Greek stoics, and that's where a lot of my attitude comes from. I am hoping to get fishing this weekend with the nice weather, I need me some perch.

Archived