Sign in to follow this  
marth11

My other hobby...

Outside of fishing, my other and probably the hobby I am more into is cooking, I recently worked out a decent pasta recipe, that does like this. Boil noodles, in a shallow sauce pan, add olive oil, when noodles are almost done, heat oil and add diced garlic, chopped tomatoes, parsley and a bay leaf. Stir sauce until you start to smell the garlic, toss the noodles into the sauce and mix well.

FB_IMG_1544725765542.jpg

Right on... years back I started a cook your catch thread on the old nfn...I called  it.." the fillet show" 😏 we got some great ideas. . Looks good man  . I have also been known to cook a few things.... bigugli makes a mean shore lunch....thanks for sharing

We had a few pan fried perch fillets today , left over from 2 days ago . My wife knows how to use scraps to make another meal , so she warmed the Panko coated fillets and set them on a hamburger bun , added some well fried bacon , tomato,  and mixed a dab of pesto into some mayo....Yabadabadoo ! !    :wub: 

14 hours ago, smerchly said:

We had a few pan fried perch fillets today , left over from 2 days ago . My wife knows how to use scraps to make another meal , so she warmed the Panko coated fillets and set them on a hamburger bun , added some well fried bacon , tomato,  and mixed a dab of pesto into some mayo....Yabadabadoo ! !    :wub: 

I did something similar to that last summer, I panfried some perch, steamed a holding bun, made tartar sauce from homemade mayo, with capers and pickles, some lettuce and a slice of tomatoe.

5 hours ago, marth11 said:

I did something similar to that last summer, I panfried some perch, steamed a holding bun, made tartar sauce from homemade mayo, with capers and pickles, some lettuce and a slice of tomatoe.

Chef Mick (wherever you are..)  would be delighted !    :)

Almost makes me want to go perch fishing.....little bit of beer for the batter...little bit for the chef...little bit more for the chef 👨‍🍳🤫

Now if you take that pasta.....pair it with....take your favorite fish....wrap it in parchment paper with a little bit of water...splash of white wine...lemon...pinch of cracked pepper...some chopped tomato and a tbsp butter..... wrap it all up and bake for 10 to 15 mins.... and there ya go 🐟🍾🍋🍅👍