Sign in to follow this  
smerchly

Price Increases

From stamps to fishing tackle , prices have been rising by double digits at most stores .  I'm sure most of us haven't had the pleasure of wage increases of 10 to 20% over the last year . While shopping at CT (China Tire) I was looking at the one lb. propane bottles for the ice hut heater ....I have one from 2 years ago that cost $4.99 .....now priced at $7.50  !  They blame the min.wage , but they will make the biggest ever profits by gouging the consumer , and make more billionaires I'm sure . We are really being ripped off folks . Yesterday , on the news they want to force us to buy  "E" vehicles , and said after doing a "survey"  they concluded gas will have to hit $2 per liter to get people to buy them .

I hope y'all get some big raises in the new year !  In my mail today a letter saying  I will notice my monthly pension cheque will be less since the government wants a monthly tax deduction  instead of a yearly claim on the T4  . We cut back every year on things including Christmas spending , only buying for the GG Grandkids now . We don't do gifts for grown ups .  Stamps will cost another 5 cents ....hope they have separate 5 cent ones to add to our looney stamps ....

Good luck to all the big box stores to fatten up their insane profits . I'll be buying more used stuff  ....thanks to Kijiji , etc etc etc. 

BTW .....ramp fees at the Beacon have gone from $10 to $15 ....a slight increase of 50% .....getting expensive to catch a few perch these days . My boat will be going to  Mohawk Bay this summer and stay there permanently in the compound .....hoping to keep it in the water from May till October (free launch)  B)

Hope to see the ponds freeze over soon , but will have to wait a bit longer as a warm trend is on the way ( 50 F*F)  ....maybe a carp day ??  :huh:

35 minutes ago, I'm_A_Drifter said:

E-vehicles are inconvinient, so to myself, there is no reason to buy one.

Gas down again to 96 cents ...but come Jan . expect the new carbon tax to "start" . Full size pickups & SUV's are still selling well . I like the ride and extra safety of a larger vehicle & gas prices will not change that .....good thing I drive about 3k per year  ....insurance is the big $ killer .  (too many bad drivers , stolen vehicles & fraudulent claims) . 

Id doo-doo my pants if they gave me a raise of cost of living let alone 10 to 20 %.. it's exactly why the rich get richer... u take a rich person out fishing and they expect to catch fish and not pay for anything . take a regular guy fishing and they just wanna have a good time and split costs down the middle so everyone wins... c'mon 25 more years so I can retire to the north 

20 hours ago, smerchly said:

Yesterday , on the news they want to force us to buy  "E" vehicles , and said after doing a "survey"  they concluded gas will have to hit $2 per liter to get people to buy them .

When they come up with an "E" vehicle that is 4-wheel drive and can tow my boat I will START thinking about one!

Until then I will stick to my Cherokee to drive through the fields  on my cousin's farm to get back to my hunting spots, and pull my boat, no matter what the gas costs for it!

13 hours ago, WalleyeChaser said:

Id doo-doo my pants if they gave me a raise of cost of living let alone 10 to 20 %.. it's exactly why the rich get richer... u take a rich person out fishing and they expect to catch fish and not pay for anything . take a regular guy fishing and they just wanna have a good time and split costs down the middle so everyone wins... c'mon 25 more years so I can retire to the north 

Can't say $ith here  WC .....haha     I have been retired for 26 years as of Christmas eve this year . ....never worked a day since , and let me tell you those 26 years have passed by very quickly .  Unless you have some good investments be prepared to live on less each year as prices and taxes will always be greater than the average pension . Fishing can be a very cheap pastime if you keep it simple .(  can of corn & a hook )   :Gonefishing: