Jwl1

Liscence renew

On 1/9/2019 at 3:04 PM, eclipse3g said:

I created an account and bought the license online.
https://www.huntandfishontario.com/
Converted a license .pdf file they emailed to me after purchasing into a .jpg image and transfer it to my smartphone.
Fast and very convenient way. If URL is not working try it in the early morning/night hours

I did this too. I still keep the paper copy on me because I'm under the assumption that you have to have a physical copy on you just like the old cards. However, here I am thinking what if it gets lost? Is a PDF file on your smartphone good enough? As long as they have the info needed right? 

On 1/18/2019 at 6:19 PM, honeyv said:

I did this too. I still keep the paper copy on me because I'm under the assumption that you have to have a physical copy on you just like the old cards. However, here I am thinking what if it gets lost? Is a PDF file on your smartphone good enough? As long as they have the info needed right? 

In my experience most co's are pretty good about checking your licence. I was ice fishing once with a guy who accidentally brought his wife's licence. The officer didnt say a word about it, called in to verify he had a licence. Then let him know infront of all of us he had the wrong licence. Was a good laugh.  I think if you have a digital copy they would be ok with that. I wonder what they'd do if you phone was dead and you only had a digital copy though. 

2 hours ago, kgm said:

In my experience most co's are pretty good about checking your licence. I was ice fishing once with a guy who accidentally brought his wife's licence. The officer didnt say a word about it, called in to verify he had a licence. Then let him know infront of all of us he had the wrong licence. Was a good laugh.  I think if you have a digital copy they would be ok with that. I wonder what they'd do if you phone was dead and you only had a digital copy though. 

Ha! That happened to me crossing the border once. I had the wrong passport and they ended up just looking up my drivers license and I guess they seen the lasy time I was through and they let me pass no problem.  The Canadian border officer laughed it off on the way back off. 

I didn't even think of that.  When I go fishing, my phone always dies.  Partially becauseI always forget to charge the damn thing.