Liscence renew

Jwl1

On 1/9/2019 at 3:04 PM, eclipse3g said:

I created an account and bought the license online.
https://www.huntandfishontario.com/
Converted a license .pdf file they emailed to me after purchasing into a .jpg image and transfer it to my smartphone.
Fast and very convenient way. If URL is not working try it in the early morning/night hours

I did this too. I still keep the paper copy on me because I'm under the assumption that you have to have a physical copy on you just like the old cards. However, here I am thinking what if it gets lost? Is a PDF file on your smartphone good enough? As long as they have the info needed right? 

On 1/18/2019 at 6:19 PM, honeyv said:

I did this too. I still keep the paper copy on me because I'm under the assumption that you have to have a physical copy on you just like the old cards. However, here I am thinking what if it gets lost? Is a PDF file on your smartphone good enough? As long as they have the info needed right? 

In my experience most co's are pretty good about checking your licence. I was ice fishing once with a guy who accidentally brought his wife's licence. The officer didnt say a word about it, called in to verify he had a licence. Then let him know infront of all of us he had the wrong licence. Was a good laugh.  I think if you have a digital copy they would be ok with that. I wonder what they'd do if you phone was dead and you only had a digital copy though. 

2 hours ago, kgm said:

In my experience most co's are pretty good about checking your licence. I was ice fishing once with a guy who accidentally brought his wife's licence. The officer didnt say a word about it, called in to verify he had a licence. Then let him know infront of all of us he had the wrong licence. Was a good laugh.  I think if you have a digital copy they would be ok with that. I wonder what they'd do if you phone was dead and you only had a digital copy though. 

Ha! That happened to me crossing the border once. I had the wrong passport and they ended up just looking up my drivers license and I guess they seen the lasy time I was through and they let me pass no problem.  The Canadian border officer laughed it off on the way back off. 

I didn't even think of that.  When I go fishing, my phone always dies.  Partially becauseI always forget to charge the damn thing.   

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/5/2019 at 4:57 PM, Limey said:

Got mine from crappy in welland,  the girl said the yellow wallet size copy would be here in a week or so. 

D'ya know what...still no wallet size copy,  maybe the lass serving me wasn't aware of the changes?

I got mine a couple weeks ago at Grimsby Tackle. Not sure about other tackle shops but you can get licences there.  My outdoors card had expired so I just went ahead and bought the 3 year sport licence. I got the printed paper and was told my new outdoors card would come in the mail and since I got the three year licence, that would be printed or stamped on the card itself as well so I won't need to carry a paper around for 3 years. One of the benefits of doing a 3 year I guess. But, it still hasn't come in the mail yet!lol

On January 21, 2019 at 11:25 PM, honeyv said:

When I go fishing, my phone always dies.  Partially becauseI always forget to charge the damn thing.   

You should buy yourself one of those little backup battery packs.

I got one on sale at CTC a cople of months ago - only about 2" long, and easily carried. 

I'e used it a few times already when I forgot to charge my phone and had to go out somewhere.

On 1/18/2019 at 6:19 PM, honeyv said:

I think it's enough.

Actually yesterday I got a plastic Outdoor Card by mail from MNR. Now I have the Outdoor card + image on my smartphone + printout/recipe from the email they sent to me just after purchasing the license. 

That's good to know for sure.....there was a couple people I saw recently fishing the river that didn't even know what kind of fish was being caught 🙄.... if you can't identify a fish how the heck are you supposed to know what you are allowed to keep or not?!!!🤨

18 minutes ago, Jwl1 said:

That's good to know for sure.....there was a couple people I saw recently fishing the river that didn't even know what kind of fish was being caught 🙄.... if you can't identify a fish how the heck are you supposed to know what you are allowed to keep or not?!!!🤨

That's the MNR/Gov'ts fault ....it's too easy to get a fishing license .....no knowledge needed about fish species , limits , seasons .....or etiquette necessary . 

But tons of info where to catch them ....

I was ice fishing at " **** " last weekend, and a CO came out on the ice and checked everyones huts.. Didnt even knock just walked in. 

Didnt have a copy on me and told him i just purchased a 3 year sports license from bass pro 2 weeks a go.. Said i looked honest and moved on. Everyone else had theirs with them. 

He left by saying its a $250 fine for not having it.. Got lucky i guess 

1 hour ago, Derek0291 said:

He left by saying its a $250 fine for not having it.

Wow ....the fine was $155.   2 years ago ......inflation I suppose .....   :mellow:

On 2/4/2019 at 1:21 PM, genec said:

You should buy yourself one of those little backup battery packs.

I got one on sale at CTC a cople of months ago - only about 2" long, and easily carried. 

I'e used it a few times already when I forgot to charge my phone and had to go out somewhere.

Haha yea. I already have two fair sized power banks for being out. One os a mophi and the other I got at Costco. I do use em. My issue is that there are times where I dont bring em and my phone is close to being dead. Sucks when you want to take a quick picture of your catch. 

19 hours ago, Derek0291 said:

I was ice fishing at " **** " last weekend, and a CO came out on the ice and checked everyones huts.. Didnt even knock just walked in. 

That's not good man; he can come in but he should announce himself and ask to come in.

I'm still using my pocket camera for all my picture taking  .....never come close to filling the card .

Speaking of Costco ....wife went yesterday for the first time in 10 years ....came home with about 1000 lbs. of wings .....   :santa:

1 minute ago, smerchly said:

I'm still using my pocket camera for all my picture taking  .....never come close to filling the card .

Speaking of Costco ....wife went yesterday for the first time in 5 years ....came home with about 1000 lbs. of wings .....   :santa:

Recently I invested in a GoPro just because of the waterproof capabilities and the ruggedness of it  so that's what I've been trying to use for some of the  fishing photos now. They're also pretty good at taking a beating...  Kind of excited to  be able to mount it on to the kayak  in the spring. 

1000lbs of wings diesnt doubt to bad at all... haha

• 1 month later...
On 2/5/2019 at 6:17 PM, Derek0291 said:

On 2/6/2019 at 1:26 PM, Brian_b said:

That's not good man; he can come in but he should announce himself and ask to come in.

Agreed. I did actually get to see a CO twice this winter once just on the ice no hut and once in a hut but he knocked. Both times they checked license (Paper first time and card second time) and that was about it for us. One of them did tell a couple guys to stop fishing cause not all of them had a license with them. Don't know if they were fined though.

On 2/5/2019 at 6:17 PM, Derek0291 said:

and a CO came out on the ice and checked everyones huts.. Didnt even knock just walked in. 

The element of surprise !   The CO's do not want to give the bad guys time to flush the evidence down the "hole"   :ph34r:

They also have done the same thing checking cottages , but may need a warrant to check your personal house ....I believe.....

As I said previously , I use a pocket camera but sometimes I can't see the screen in the daytime because of the reflection from the sun etc.. The older pocket cameras had a viewfinder  to look through while holding it to your eye . ....easier to shoot moving objects . I'd buy one in a N.Y. minute !

On 1/8/2019 at 11:56 AM, smerchly said:

Let me get this straight.....Peter's Tackle & Grimsby Tackle aren't "allowed" to sell FISHING licenses , but a big AMERICAN company who owns Tracker Boats & Cabella's , can sell Canadian  licenses ?  Our local shops would benefit from selling them ....no need to explain why ....

I totally agree with your opinion. Government is killing local shops and helps american dinosaur company... Nonsense

Archived