Mud Lake

honeyv

Does anyone know if you can kayak on Mud Lake? Every time I take the dogs out there I noticed on the sign at the entrance that there is a picture of people canoeing and it does list it as an activity. Has anyone actually tried this because I've never seen anybody kayak or canoe there. Also I didn't really notice any good place to Launch. 

It is too shallow now, 20 years ago it was ok but with the dry summers lately make it too shallow to be of any use. We used to get nice bass and bluegills the size of plates out of there. I tried about 5 years ago and there was no fish and only about a foot of water at best. Huge snapping turtles though

1 hour ago, spiro said:

It is too shallow now, 20 years ago it was ok but with the dry summers lately make it too shallow to be of any use. We used to get nice bass and bluegills the size of plates out of there. I tried about 5 years ago and there was no fish and only about a foot of water at best. Huge snapping turtles though

Damn. That makes sense. Looks like there were a couple mini docks along the trail, but now it looks like I'd be dragging the yak in because of how far back the water is. I never see anyone fishing there either. 

Archived