announcement to members

cplummer

Keep it going Cliff i will pay $20 a year as well  jwl1 true words but it's simple you don't chip in you don't get access just keep tabs on the people that pay  i'm sure there are many guys/girls that wold pay. give it a try and if there is not enough members signing up to keep going then maybe shut it down.Cliff i dont think people are losing interest we are just in a time were hunting is over and no ice to get out on give it some thought and if you still feel the same way then let it go

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, Jwl1 said:

Before I start getting bashed for any comments i may have just made..... i have in the past been a very active member.....sharing in many nfn get togethers...charity events...been a site admin....volunteer with the mnr in fish stocking efforts....mentorship with school kids...part of memorial fishing events...kids derbies....member derbies....among other conservation related efforts along the way.. and am a member here who has and is willing to give back to the Niagara fishing community 

WELL SAID Jwl1. sorry commented on the wrong post.

As others have said , Facebook is out for me as well . I was a member for a week about 5 years ago ....just a big gab fest , will never go back .

I also don't have a "smart" phone .....just a simple flip phone which I burn about 40 min.per year  ......a 7-11 special   ☎️....and have never texted a word.

I'd rather have a fishing site like this than do the face book /twitter thing.   

......pm message.....Cliff  , is your email box full ?.....  

1 minute ago, smerchly said:

As others have said , Facebook is out for me as well . I was a member for a week about 5 years ago ....just a big gab fest , will never go back .

I also don't have a "smart" phone .....just a simple flip phone which I burn about 40 min.per year  ......a 7-11 special   ☎️....and have never texted a word.

I'd rather have a fishing site like this than do the face book /twitter thing.   

No Facebook for me either...

I just joined this group, and I am already impressed and glad I did.  I think the posts I have read have been some of the most respectful, intelligent and honest on the forums out there.  I am renewed to fishing after over a decade of being a work-aholic and now the proud owner of an underutilized boat so I have been looking for new places and new fishing partners.  Already met and chatted with one potential future partner, with a trip planned for Monday! Another has sent me an offer to fish with them, and I plan on taking them up on it.  I would like to support this forum... why not an initiation fee to allow newbies to move from stage one to full access and an annual fee if you post less then “X” times in the past year?

And to put my money where my mouth is I have just sent Cliff an email transfer of $20.00 to show we are willing to fight for the site..... I can go without those 4 coffee’s. 😉

12 minutes ago, FishReaper said:

I just joined this group, and I am already impressed and glad I did.  I think the posts I have read have been some of the most respectful, intelligent and honest on the forums out there.  I am renewed to fishing after over a decade of being a work-aholic and now the proud owner of an underutilized boat so I have been looking for new places and new fishing partners.  Already met and chatted with one potential future partner, with a trip planned for Monday! Another has sent me an offer to fish with them, and I plan on taking them up on it.  I would like to support this forum... why not an initiation fee to allow newbies to move from stage one to full access and an annual fee if you post less then “X” times in the past year?

And to put my money where my mouth is I have just sent Cliff an email transfer of $20.00 to show we are willing to fight for the site..... I can go without those 4 coffee’s. 😉

Dont send any money to me.. Hopefully we have a new owner willing to commit

Can you not have ADs that that would cover the running costs?

A soccer forum I used to use did that iirc, he actually profited from it, it was only a pittance like but still didn't cost him anything. 

36 minutes ago, cplummer said:

G ood news for NFN folks...

Tyler0420 is taking over this web site...

That's really great news!

44 minutes ago, cplummer said:

G ood news for NFN folks...

Tyler0420 is taking over this web site...

Awesome.  Thanks Tyler0420!

And thanks Cliff for all your time with it as well. Much appreciated 

I had a feeling Tyler was interested !   WTG Tyler !!  And a BIG thank you from all of us who thought the site was a goner .

And thanks to Cliff for giving the site (all set up & ready to go) to a young man who I have come to respect very much here  ! 

29 minutes ago, smerchly said:

I had a feeling Tyler was interested !   WTG Tyler !!  And a BIG thank you from all of us who thought the site was a goner .

And thanks to Cliff for giving the site (all set up & ready to go) to a young man who I have come to respect very much here  ! 

I’m pretty excited that I have the chance to keep this site going. I’m not from the niagara region but I’ve fallen in love with this site over the years. Looking forward to meeting more of you guys, we’ll get together soon

😁

37 minutes ago, Tyler0420 said:

I’m pretty excited that I have the chance to keep this site going. I’m not from the niagara region but I’ve fallen in love with this site over the years. Looking forward to meeting more of you guys, we’ll get together soon

I don't say much but ....THANK YOU TYLER0420....

That's awesome man.....I.... like a few others on here have seen this site pass through a couple hands...and it has always turned out to great...there has been a good core group of people over the years....can't help on the tech end right now because I am doing this on my phone...but if there is anything I can help with feel free to message me Tyler....I'm out there fishing  so I have no probs sharing reports..lol... and for Cliff....thanks man you know I have and still do enjoy spending time on the water trying to slay em....from old nfn days to nrs days and back here to the adventures we have had just a few days ago......and many more to come man!.... and thanks again to Tyler...right on brotha.... 🐟🐡🐟

Im still here Tyler. Not as often, but drop in once in awhile. Social media sites on facebook have taken away a lot of the attraction of fishing forums as times have changed. But its always good times with the members here as well. Tyler and I have fished together many times and always a good time.  Cliff was the first person to reach out when he took over this site from Dan and offered up some free fly tying lessons. Myself, and a few other guys took him up on his offer. I have to thank Cliff for the extra $5000 Ive spent now on flyfishing HAHHA. Kidding aside, there is some great people here...Ive participated in a few cleanups at Jordan harbor, and the Whirlpool and met some great people through NFN. Because of Cliff and this site I took up fly tying and flyfishing….I took spey lessons with Rick Whorwood and some friends taught me single hand and Nymphing. I participated in fly fishing competitions and done very well over the years. I bought equipment from sponsors of the site at the Time, Kingpin and Bill Shearer. This site has always been a great resource of knowledge and people who are passionate fisherman and like minded people.....THANKS CLIFF !!!      And CONGRATS TYLER,  get some more admins/mods so your not bogged down and no time to fish...lol. If you need help with anything let me know...I can make the time if your stumped.  Cheers everyone !!!  

I will stay on as admin for as long as Tyler needs me.. Awesome bunch of guys n gals here.. I thank you members for being a great group people..I am not going anywhere but i will not be the owner..i had 4 people inquire about being the owner here but i know Tyler is the best guy for members to benifit from..

Thsnks again members who have supported me amd my passion for fishing.

Cliff

Archived