NFN meet up

Tyler0420

Hey guys. How’s the ice coming along after the deep freeze weekend? The next two weeks look good also. A lil warm spell tomorrow but that will just melt some snow. 

I was thinking February 2nd or February 16th we could get together somewhere. I’m open to other dates also and weekdays if that’s what’s best for everyone. I think you guys should pick the location, I’m out of area and don’t know the conditions like you guys do. Somewhere a group of us can safely fish and hang out for a bit. Bring the family or some friends and it should be a good time.   

Ill try and get some giveaways and we can have some kind of derby. Best 5 perch or biggest/smallest pike... or whatever we feel like.  

So who’s interested?

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Me in too .....I was thinking about Rennie but parking could be an issue . The parking lot across the road at the now closed restaurant would be perfect if available . Dain City would also be a good choice  .....parking at the end of Kingsway Rd. Rick ?

Mostly perch , lots of small ones but some nice ones too . I remember losing my first 1" Rap . jig to a hungry pike there .

And if you want a few smelts , fish with a very light rod & 2-4# line .  And , you are fishing in 30 fow .

5 minutes ago, Jwl1 said:

30 feet is an awful long way to drill bill ... better hope a couple people show up to take turns

FO "W"  Jack ....not FO "I"    :rolleyes:     Lets hope we still have 4" of ice after the heavy rain expected tomorrow . Thankfully , all the snow should absorb most of the H2O and a return to "normal" temperatures soon after . 

Oooohhh! Duh... I get it now... I have never been there before and didn't know what you where talking about 😁... um I better be nice because I will need to sweet talk my way into making a hole.... dont have much need for drilling when I'm fishing winter steel hahaha 

16 minutes ago, Tyler0420 said:

Whoever doesn’t have an auger and wants to come I’ll drill your holes For you.  

Oh sure man .... I'm not getting tricked like that again...uhhu sure that's my hole wayyyyyyyyyyyyy over there!🤔

Depending on where we decide to go and how many people show up...I can bring a little bbq to do up a warm snack.....helps break up the day a bit...nothing like warming the belly in the cold....and everyone knows you always get the most bites and biggest fish on while you are busy !🎣......just putting it out there and looking for some input

13 hours ago, Tyler0420 said:

Whoever doesn’t have an auger and wants to come I’ll drill your holes For you.  

I'll bring a hammer and chisel for JWL  to cut his holes .....:P

How much notice should we need to get before our meet ?  The long range outlook for the next 7 days is iffy at best , but should be helpful in setting a date .

Jack .....can you do wings & fries on your grill for us ?  

Speaking of getting live bait.......I guess you aren't supposed to need anything in the middle of the week....just went to our local shop only to find out they are closed on Wednesday...go figure...good thing I have what I need already for tomorrow.....whatever happened to the tackle stores that would actually be open early in the morning?....what a novel idea....by the time the bait store opens now I already been fishing a couple hours and in some cases done for the day....good thing I didn't actually need bait....Haha.....oh and keeping on track of this thread....🙄... any day works for me..I work seasonal..so winter is fishing season 

56 minutes ago, smerchly said:

I'm good to go on either date since I'm retired  .   Getting live bait may be a problem for some , and we will need a specified time to meet up .

I’ll bring Extra minnows just incase someone can’t get any

Dont forget the hula poppers and top water frogs.....shovelling a path from hole to hole works great sometimes....skim your bait across....you can watch the big ones chase it under the ice until your lure drops into the hole.....then blammo!!!!!

Archived