NFN meet up

Tyler0420

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds fun. Rec Canal has lots of room and easy to find parking. Erie Tracker isn’t to far away for minnows. 2018 wasn’t a good year for me in terms of getting out but hoping 2019 has more tight wet lines😜 International Flat water center has tons of parking but the fishing is better dain city side. Distance Markers on dain city side would make it easy to find each other. If u don’t catch any fish there’s always the random puppies walking into ur hook

I'm in for sure either date is fine.. wknds r best but I could do evenings since I'm finally off afternoons after 9 yrs... I'll bring some 420 supplies.. as for giveaways I think you did plenty saving this forum so a great day fishing and celebrating your ownership is plenty for me.. bbq would be a good idea.. could talk to Shawn at tendercuts bet he'd hook us up.... 

A few years ago in dain city i fished straight in line with the 2000 marker and had a couple really good outings.i fished in the center 30 ft deep to half way to shore with tip ups in about 15 fow.jigging raps tipped with heads or smaller minnows .we caught about 50 nice keepers 10 " plus a few pike one was 10 pounds + and two 3 pound smallies which were just an awsome fight through the ice.it has its days !

14 hours ago, WalleyeChaser said:

I'm in for sure either date is fine.. wknds r best but I could do evenings since I'm finally off afternoons after 9 yrs... I'll bring some 420 supplies.. as for giveaways I think you did plenty saving this forum so a great day fishing and celebrating your ownership is plenty for me.. bbq would be a good idea.. could talk to Shawn at tendercuts bet he'd hook us up.... 

A bbq would be nice. Jwl said he had a small bbq of some sort. Maybe someone else bring one if possible. 

We’ll do it Feb 16th. Rec canal 7:00am.  The time can be moved later if it’s too early.  I’ll be there before that.    Chime in on a parking/meeting spot for everyone, I have only seen this place on google maps. 

If you have any ideas to make this day better let me know.   Thank you everyone 

I'm in for Feb. 16th. (provided my auger is fixed by then!!)

As suggested, how about meeting at the 2000 marker on the Rec canal?

Erie Tracker doesn't open until 9:00, but they will do minnows in oxygen if you want to get them the day before.

24 minutes ago, genec said:

I'm in for Feb. 16th. (provided my auger is fixed by then!!)

As suggested, how about meeting at the 2000 marker on the Rec canal?

Erie Tracker doesn't open until 9:00, but they will do minnows in oxygen if you want to get them the day before.

Come either way, auger or not. There will be more then enough augers around.  You can definitely use mine. 

2000 marker? Is there a parking lot there? Or some kind of side road I can google?

On 1/23/2019 at 8:31 AM, Jwl1 said:

Depending on where we decide to go and how many people show up...I can bring a little bbq to do up a warm snack.....helps break up the day a bit...nothing like warming the belly in the cold....and everyone knows you always get the most bites and biggest fish on while you are busy !🎣......just putting it out there and looking for some input

Good idea,  maybe all agree to chip in a set amount of $ so you're not out of pocket...

I can check the parking situation at the 2000 marker on the way home if it's not too dark .

I'm really excited for this,  only problem is I don't have the first idea about ice fishing,  I got my stepson a nice wooden tip up for xmas I can pinch and I can get myself a  entry level rod/reel just to see how I like it.

I could do with advice on what line to buy and a small basic tackle selection etc please. 

EDIT- I totally and devastatingly just remembered I have knee surgery (torn meniscus) on the 4th so I don't know if I'll be confident I would be on ice at that point,  I have yak trax so I might be ok, time will tell...

Even if I can't get on the ice if i'm able to drive I'll be down to meet up,  maybe start on the food or help out if possible. 

I went and checked and there's ample parking at the 2000/finish line,  it seems a bit icy at the moment though,  and just a reminder that dain city bridge is still closed for the forseeable. 

2 hours ago, Limey said:

Good idea,  maybe all agree to chip in a set amount of $ so you're not out of pocket...

I can check the parking situation at the 2000 marker on the way home if it's not too dark .

I'm really excited for this,  only problem is I don't have the first idea about ice fishing,  I got my stepson a nice wooden tip up for xmas I can pinch and I can get myself a  entry level rod/reel just to see how I like it.

I could do with advice on what line to buy and a small basic tackle selection etc please. 

EDIT- I totally and devastatingly just remembered I have knee surgery (torn meniscus) on the 4th so I don't know if I'll be confident I would be on ice at that point,  I have yak trax so I might be ok, time will tell...

Even if I can't get on the ice if i'm able to drive I'll be down to meet up,  maybe start on the food or help out if possible. 

I went and checked and there's ample parking at the 2000/finish line,  it seems a bit icy at the moment though,  and just a reminder that dain city bridge is still closed for the forseeable. 

Definitely come out limey, even if you can’t fish it would be nice to meet you. 

I'm sure some of us dont mind sharing a few minnows....not the good ones that catch fish though..and definitely no sharing tactics....🤐🙈🙉🙊..you dont "need" a fancy set up for ice fishing....practically only need a hook sinker and spool of line.....I got no prob snipping the barbs off a couple hooks or bringing a pocket full of nuts and bolts if someone needs some tackle.

Did we actually come up with a day? Or did I just miss it in this thread.... me read no so good if no have pictures...lol....be nice to get a general number...if I bring bbq for some dogs or something....perhaps anyone can chime in if someone wants to attend but thinks they dont have the appropriate gear ect

Sorry guys..i cant make that weekend. I rented ice bungalow from my buddy who recently bought out Rob Hyatts on Nippissing. Be a first to sleep on the ice. Hope you guys have a good time! 

Archived