NFN meet up

Tyler0420

We may need to send some guys some directions . Remember the Forks Rd.bridge is closed to all traffic . I'm not sure myself where the 2000 km marker is ...checked Google maps and can see some white markers  which may be 2k from the boat club ....

I will be there later in the a.m. ....a little early for this old dude ....:D

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe whomever posted that meant the 200... not thousand....if it is 2000...that's sounds pretty far away from where I want to fish...Haha....

4 hours ago, Tyler0420 said:

Feb 16th 7am rec canal. Meeting up at the 2000 marker.  Guys is there another way of naming this place we’re meeting at? Do I just type in 2000 marker on google maps and it will bring me there??

It's actually the finish line,  it's right next to the bridge mate. 

Who wants to kick in 5 or 10 bucks on longest fish?....bring a tape measure...take a pic...decide who takes the pot...???

4 hours ago, Limey said:

It's actually the finish line,  it's right next to the bridge mate. 

I fish at the end of Kingsway Rd. a few km south of the John Deer plant ...parking at the circle at the end of the road . ....much more than 2000 meters . I think there's more parking there . ...a short bank ,then fish straight out from the vehicles. Same bottom & depth as at the Forks Rd. bridge .  Lets pick a spot and meet up ....

...Did a line measurement on Navigator Maps .....from the boat club to the point at the new canal it read 4000 meters ....(4 kms)

I agree Bill. The end of the Kingsway is generally better fishing and easier access for us older guys. there also is plenty of parking .  I generally fish from the rowers start line to the starch plant depending on ice conditions

Not sure if anybody realized this yet.. but, the 16th falls on Family Day weekend (Feb 16-18) which is the first of the four times of the year that doesn't require a fishing license. So if you're one of those people who waits until Spring to get their fishing license, you can also take advantage of this event and learn to ice fish. Or even bring a family member and introduce them to the sport.

Hope this info gets more people out! 

Pay no attention to the big cooler folks...nothing to see over here....its just to keep the hotdogs cold.....I'm not dragging it because its heavy.....its just awkward .....😇......nothing suspicious going on here when I win the bet with a nice landlocked trout .....doot da doo....🤫😁

53 minutes ago, Jwl1 said:

Pay no attention to the big cooler folks...nothing to see over here....its just to keep the hotdogs cold.....I'm not dragging it because its heavy.....its just awkward .....😇......nothing suspicious going on here when I win the bet with a nice landlocked trout .....doot da doo....🤫😁

Coolers will be checked , and anglers will have to remove boots &

strip to their undies for contraband fish .....smelts don't count !   da da doo !!

We have a start time.... 7 am till noonish ?

....and yes I'm in for the 5 buck  derby if it is available ....   :santa:

30 minutes ago, Jwl1 said:

I actually did see a salmon in there once...pretty beat up looking and swimming in a big lonely circle😳

Was once in Port Robinson and using an underwater camera ... swear it came face to face with a rainbow ...

2 minutes ago, Snags said:

Was once in Port Robinson and using an underwater camera ... swear it came face to face with a rainbow ...

There's rainbows in the welland river...I know people who have caught them

Im up for whatever guys providing im available that particular day but a couple different opinions on where we should fish have been mentioned.as long as theres room to park as many vehicles without issues (tickets!)and snow plowed parking in case weather sucks for those that dont have 4 wheel drive there shouldnt be any other concerns that need to be adressed .ice conditions should hopefully be prime for this event.lets get the location locked down by one of the regulars that fish that area (info wise i mean ).gladly share any equipment or wisdom lol upon request.itll be a great day boys.lets get some kids hooked too!

14 hours ago, Jwl1 said:

There's rainbows in the welland river...I know people who have caught them

I've had a maybe 8" trout down by the aqueduct,  I could see more swimming about. 

3 hours ago, Limey said:

I've had a maybe 8" trout down by the aqueduct,  I could see more swimming about. 

You never know what's in the river there...I hooked something one day that nearly broke a heavy action rod. .fought it for over a half hour before it got off . ....I do believe they are still trying to do a study on whether or not fish can pass through the aqueduct to the other side......I was involved for a couple years on the walleye restoration/restocking project there and I believe that the mnr wants reports if any walleye are caught on the port robbie side......now back to our regularly scheduled program....lol

I would imagine that there are some lunker carp there . Were you using corn Jack ?  :P

Salmon have been spotted on the north side of the rec. from the old docks at Town Line Road .  They make their way in via the new canal .

To stock other fish species in that part would be based on bait fish . The Dain side (south) has a good  supply of minnows.

It weren't no carp or musky....I've caught plenty big ones of those to know what they fight like.....it was big enough to bend a heavy action rod right down to the handle was bent......my guess and others who where watching was a sturgeon.....either that or it was the drain plug...lol

49 minutes ago, Jwl1 said:

my guess and others who where watching was a sturgeon

Nah.....big snapper Jack.   haha !

Or a big old 25 lb. cat ?.......ahah !  

Could be anything in there from Lake O. to Lake E.  The last sturgeon I caught broke water twice before going back home to bottom .

The last one I "hooked" took me for a long walk before I held the line tight before spooling my reel , or should that be "de-spooling" my reel....

7 hours ago, Tyler0420 said:

Feb 16th 7am.  The end of Kingsway rd. Looking forward to seeing everyone there. 

Just looked up on google maps the location ...had no idea 💡 that place was even there! 

FF

26 minutes ago, fredfisher said:

I JUST BOOKED Feb 15th off so i can pre fish the area 🎯 🔨 🐬 hahahahaaaaaaa !

That's great Fred , and you have been elected to cut 50 holes for us !     ...ahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :clapping:

Archived