NFN meet up

Tyler0420

14 minutes ago, smerchly said:

That's great Fred , and you have been elected to cut 50 holes for us !     ...ahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :clapping:

was only pulling your leg smerch ...i do have the 13th off but by then im hoping to fish Erie,safely...gonna be nice seeing you again Bill...been a couple winters since we P2P (talked face to face) i did see you from boat to land a few months back but that doesnt count! 👋

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, fredfisher said:

was only pulling your leg smerch ...i do have the 13th off but by then im hoping to fish Erie,safely...gonna be nice seeing you again Bill...been a couple winters since we P2P (talked face to face) i did see you from boat to land a few months back but that doesnt count! 👋

Was that you running the outboard ?  I was expecting you to come see my big stringer of Jumbo's .......P2P   :rolleyes:

Good spot for you to try ....about 6-7 fow with some weeds for some nasty pike . 

It will be a new spot to try for carp this spring ......

This is awesome! I'll be out for sure. Never have ice fished the rec before and I've been in welland nearly my whole life. Usually I head up to Quebec for hard water. Looking forward to seeing everyone out there.  

So depending on where people are coming from.....what you guys consider "the end" of the rd?.... the fork in the water or the end of the canal?...lol....and if it on the DC side is that where we have to fish?.... I only plan on catching 1 anyways.....the winning 1...lol...and it's not going to be a smelt or a perch...and I have a pretty good idea where I can get it 😁🎣

Easy way to get there ....look at map where John Deer is located , on the east side of the rec. canal . Follow that road south , cross over Forks Road  which becomes  Kingsway Rd. and drive to the end past the last house to a circular parking lot  ( 2,5 km) .....eezy-peezy  .

12 hours ago, Lai said:

Is anyone ice fishing of Point ALBINO for perch. 

By the time anyone reports fishing albino it will be spring time. I’d check it out yourself if you wanna get out there icefishing. 

On 1/27/2019 at 4:13 PM, Jwl1 said:

There's rainbows in the welland river...I know people who have caught them

I've had many 40 rainbow DAYS in the power canal forebays.. many 20 rainbow days in the Queenston reservoir. Seen both Brown and Palomino trout caught in there too. Best mixed bag of fishing I've ever seen. All these fish only have access to the hydro canals from the Welland river. Of course this is going back 20+ years 

20 minutes ago, Tyler0420 said:

Well guys we’ll be shore fishing Steel if this rain keeps up.  Stay safe out there today it’s a slippery one. 

Oh no !!!... uh oh... darn I'm going to have to do some major cramming to learn how to do that over the next couple days then. .. shoot.... any tips on what kind of gear... line...bait.... do I need one of those fancy vests and hats to stick my hooks into?.... what are those rubber pants called?... do they sell those at giant tiger?...🎣

Haha.. almost 1700 views... we going to need our own lake....lol...at 1 % that's 17 people fishing.....and 1683 people left trying to figure out thier gps

What's gps Jack  ....gallons per second ??   ......about 35 million gps of h2o over the falls ..... B)

Tyler ....I've bounced on my bottom a few times.....

I'm guessing we will still have an ice-in ....    :Gonefishing:

Mmmmmm shore lunch.....🍽..come on Bruce.....you know you want it....lol....maybe I will keep one or 2 my next couple outings before the beat.....um I mean meet up....🥋 🦗....and pack em up all nice in foil for the bbq to go along with some good old fashioned  🕷🐅s

I've fished for steelhead before but with no luck. Just tried to mimic what I have seen in videos. If the meet changes from ice fishing would somebody be able to P.m. me and just let me know what kind of tackle I need to pick up. Steelhead are on the top of my list for new fish species to target this year.  

On 2/6/2019 at 9:23 AM, Tyler0420 said:

Well guys we’ll be shore fishing Steel if this rain keeps up.  Stay safe out there today it’s a slippery one. 

Is there any type of back up plan in case there is no ice or will the meet up just be cancelled? It'd seem a shame...

43 minutes ago, Limey said:

Is there any type of back up plan in case there is no ice or will the meet up just be cancelled? It'd seem a shame...

The only way it will be cancelled is if it’s a white out and everyone is stuck inside. If there’s no ice we’ll pick a spot 1-2 days before and we’ll do a shore fish somewhere. 

39 minutes ago, Limey said:

It looks "iffy" for next Saturday ....some warm /rain & some colder temps. 

Looking at the Intellicast 10 day graph for Welland .....  by Tues, noon we will get 12 hrs. of rain ( 3"-5") which is a lot of rain .

Wed.-  6a.m. -  32*F.....then 28*F. by evening .

Thurs.-  colder night 23*F .....to 34*F by afternoon ,   .....        Fri.-  warm again (42*F.), with 50% chance of rain .....another warm day !

Sat ....  7a.m. -  31*F and getting colder all day ....It's a hard call .....  (calling for hard H2O  :clapping:)

....Maybe a Fri.afternoon report would help .....  ( huts on the ice , water on the ice )

....the following week looks cold ....maybe wait another week ?

Archived