NFN meet up

Tyler0420

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got pinned down for 24 hours in Pennsylvania due to a commercial truck ban so I'm only going to have a one day weekend. If I go fishing my wife might have a yard sale with all my gear haha.

I'll come out at 7 for a coffee but  unfortunately I can't hang around too long.

9 minutes ago, thefrog said:

I'll come out at 7 for a coffee but  unfortunately I can't hang around too long.

22 minutes ago, genec said:

Around 6:00 last night I got hit with some kind of a bug thats really wiped me out, so I'm not going to make it tomorrow.

Genec....maybe something you ate ....hope you are feeling better real soon .

thefrog ....hope to see you there !  If the bite is on I will have an extra rod .....B)

The Sunday tournament  has been cancelled . It was started on Facebook to get a few people together but the interest  escalated until the city stepped in and said a "permit" was needed  . ....other weathers factors also .  We may see a little shore rot but it's dropping off quickly now and a colder week ahead .

Got my "stuff" ready to go ......... :Gonefishing:   

https://www.wellandtribune.ca/news-story/9178568-welland-ice-fishing-tournament-cancelled/

What's next.... count the amount of people out....then decide they need a permit.....everybody off the ice through the bullhorn?.....be easier to call a squad in and blast a big section of the ice out of the water... and hold it on the bank....then next thing you know they be calling for parking permits...and Johnny on the spots..... vendors permit to bbq some dogs....and have to get the o l g involved if there are any prizes.....

Jack did you say you were bringing a small bbq?

I've dug mine out and been for some briquettes but I'm not sure how many sausages will actually fit on it...

Also Is it worth making a thread for people to say yes, no, maybe if they're able to attend? To give a better idea of bodies?

Also the availability of bait in relation to where people are coming from.... any body got a heads up on Erie tracker...cuz we ain't getting any bait from Pete's that early...lol...

23 minutes ago, Jwl1 said:

Also the availability of bait in relation to where people are coming from.... any body got a heads up on Erie tracker...cuz we ain't getting any bait from Pete's that early...lol...

I just called them and they said they’ll have minnows in the morning. 

33 minutes ago, Limey said:

Also Is it worth making a thread for people to say yes, no, maybe if they're able to attend? To give a better idea of bodies?

I’m not too concerned about how many will show up. Might be a little late to see who’s all coming.  

I’ll get a bunch of sausages and if there’s extra they won’t go to waste. 

12 minutes ago, WalleyeChaser said:

Won't make it guys sorry.. got offered OT for tomorrow and Sunday and I can't say no... $$ makes the world go round... good.luck all and enjoy the company/festivities/fishing... 

Don't blame you for the O.T. $. ....I used to grab a Sat. & Sun. & take a day off through the week to get some fishing time in .

I'm shooting for 7  ....driving a pink Lada 4 x4  SUB.....built like a Russian tank !  B)

42 minutes ago, smerchly said:

Don't blame you for the O.T. $. ....I used to grab a Sat. & Sun. & take a day off through the week to get some fishing time in .

I'm shooting for 7  ....driving a pink Lada 4 x4  SUB.....built like a Russian tank !  B)

Dya know what smerch, in the 80s I think it was,  lada rivas were super dirt cheap in England,  people would ship loads of them to Russia and sell them for a crazy profit,  I think in Russia it was like the same as having a rolls Royce 😂

That's nuts mate !   We had a guy  at G.M. drive his new Lada car into the parking lot .... He was teased about it but nobody cared much ...

Now , if you want to know more about the "Smerch"  .....fire away  .  💥

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BM-30_Smerch

23 minutes ago, Loonietoon1 said:

Sorry guys cannot make it heading to Pennsylvania right now to head up an accident investigation.. just when l thought all was good...🙄😞 Duty Calls

Ah boo !   It's getting harder to get guys together these days ....the old 5 day week is now a thing of the past . ( service sector jobs , ect.)

Retirement can really spoil you !    :Gonefishing:

Smerch it was nice meeting you.you may have seen my daughter fall at the edge getting on and she smacked her knee pretty good so i didnt end up coming out there .unfortuneately i didnt have the chance to meet anyone else .hope yous had some luck and maybe we can all meet again!

Archived