NFN meet up

Tyler0420

33 minutes ago, fishingking said:

Smerch it was nice meeting you.you may have seen my daughter fall at the edge getting on and she smacked her knee pretty good so i didnt end up coming out there .unfortuneately i didnt have the chance to meet anyone else .hope yous had some luck and maybe we can all meet again!

That's a shame mate,  hope her knee is ok, did you not see my crutches at the waters edge,  she could have used those lol

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ya she was ok just sore and its slippery out there so didnt wanna risk her falling again.gotta buy her a pair of cleats like i have.she also was concerned about the broken open hole where u guys got on.im not worried about that sorta thing when im on my own but shes only 15 and gotta keep her safe eh!

I should have tried to arrange to hop in with someone coming from my way......due to weird cluster @#$% of things at my house including a late night surprise of my gf's daughter showing up unexpectedly home from university....was bummed to find out I was left with no wheels this morning to get out there.....not only that now stuck at home with the gf's mom who has already been here since Monday because my woman had carpal tunnel surgery....unexpected homecoming from the daughter...plus some straggler kid who came with the deal.....🙄... I should have gave a shout for help late last night...... hope you guys had some fun out there....and thanks Tyler for going through the trouble of coming all the way down and trying to get a bunch of us together.....wish I made different arrangements 

3 minutes ago, Jwl1 said:

I should have tried to arrange to hop in with someone coming from my way......due to weird cluster @#$% of things at my house including a late night surprise of my gf's daughter showing up unexpectedly home from university....was bummed to find out I was left with no wheels this morning to get out there.....not only that now stuck at home with the gf's mom who has already been here since Monday because my woman had carpal tunnel surgery....unexpected homecoming from the daughter...plus some straggler kid who came with the deal.....🙄... I should have gave a shout for help late last night...... hooray you guys had some fun out there

Tyler and the rest of the lads are still down there freezing their bollocks off waiting for your bbq jack 😂

I touched bases with smerchly early in the night....I'm sure had I had known that my house was being taken over he would have swung by to get me.....me and the little woman are juggling 1 car right now....add the daughter home for reading week (which her and her friend woke me up looking for the keys middle of night).....and then guess who gets boned for the car when its 2 girls vs Jack!?....lol...too cold for the Harley..... Tyler.... I owe ya one 🎣

50 minutes ago, RJR said:

Thanks for doing this Tyler. It was a nice morning to get out and meet a bunch of fellow NFNers

Exactly, thanks a bunch Tyler!! Only caught two dinks but I could have been skunked and it still would have been a good time. We aren't going to mention the sausage-fest right??

It was a treat meeting all you guys , and we had nice weather to boot !  Fishingking , I thought you were in one of the huts ....sorry to hear your daughter hurt her knee . ...it was pretty slick out there !! 

I was getting hungry ....called a pizza joint on my phone , and a guy shows up with a big sausage on a bun !!   HA HA ....Thank you Tyler for the nice hot sausage , it really filled the gap !  And thanks again for all your help with packing up my hut and helping me drag it up the hill . You guys are ACES !

The fishing was very salowwwww....a few "reasonable" perch , some dinks , no smelts .The perch hit small pieces of minnows on one rod & a champ/large minnow on the other rod . and one on a 1" Ice Rap tipped with a small minnow's head . 

"Gene C" ....nice chatting with you ....hope you are feeling better , thanks for coming out to meet the guys .

Bubba......nice hut , love the Halloween colours !  Good luck on your sons surgery ....real nice kid you have there ! 

Limey ....hope you are off those dang crutches soon ....we need to meet up for some carping in April !

Jack Jack Jack .......a Harley just went down my street ......   🛵      Had I known your car was snatched , I could have picked you up .....

6 hours ago, fishingking said:

Hitting up erie tomorrow guys ! 👍

Good luck !   Lettuce know how you made out .  I am contemplating about trying Rennie again ,  Monday .

nope....Tuesday ....Monday is family day ...busy  busy !

Gil .....hope you did better than I did !  

Fish'n chips for supper today  .....haddock ...and a beer !!   :P  Perfect ending for a fishing day  :Gonefishing:

Hey at least some fish where caught..and sounds like a good time for those who went out....... I had no idea I would have no wheels until it was too late.....I'm kinda pi$$ed about that one....but at least the kids where smart enough not to drink and drive last night hence the not coming home with the car.... so I gotta give them that one.....had I had a heads up I would have made arrangements with you Smerchmiester when I messaged you last night....

I'll second what all the other guys have said,  thanks again Tyler it was all appreciated,  the NFN stickers and streamers made by cliff were a really nice touch.  Meeting all the lads was great. 

Smerchly I'm up for a bit of shore fishing any time mate, I think I'll be keeping off the ice until my knee is fully functional lol

55 minutes ago, Limey said:

Smerchly I'm up for a bit of shore fishing any time mate, I think I'll be keeping off the ice until my knee is fully functional lol

The ice got real slippery as it warmed today , could have used the creepers today . It made it tough taking the hut down .

The help was well appreciated guys !   

Hey Guys,

I got a cold from my 2 year old just in time or the weekend.

I did do a driveby though; had lunch in the parking spot around 11:30.

You guys didn't look like you were packing up at 12 so I left. 

Glad some of you were able to get  out and have some fun. 

Looked slippery; the guy with the black hut was skating from spot to spot easily; he didn't need cleats.

19 hours ago, Brian_b said:

Hey Guys,

I got a cold from my 2 year old just in time or the weekend.

I did do a driveby though; had lunch in the parking spot around 11:30.

You guys didn't look like you were packing up at 12 so I left. 

Glad some of you were able to get  out and have some fun. 

Looked slippery; the guy with the black hut was skating from spot to spot easily; he didn't need cleats.

We were having lunch (on Tyler) ....great tasting sausage on a bun , then packed up shortly after , about 1 pm . Yep , it was real slippery after a short melt down added some water to the ice . Tyler picked a nice day for the meet . ....and meat ! 

"I did do a driveby though; had lunch in the parking spot around 11:30."...   Brian,  you should have did a "drive through" and got a free sausage for lunch , and we could have used some coffee and doughnuts .....  :rolleyes:

22 minutes ago, fredfisher said:

Who won the tourney and what where the perimeters? Unfortunately I had to miss sounds like you guys had great fun

FF 

No tourney Fred , not many guys ....but I might have won with my jumbo 8  7/8"  er .   The prize was a 10" sausage ...   :D

8 hours ago, smerchly said:

No tourney Fred , not many guys ....but I might have won with my jumbo 8  7/8"  er .   The prize was a 10" sausage ...   :D

Right on...couldn’t stretch that sucker out to 9”?? Hahaa gonna try n take my kid out today somewhere...easy and local

40 minutes ago, fredfisher said:

Right on...couldn’t stretch that sucker out to 9”?? Hahaa gonna try n take my kid out today somewhere...easy and local

We got us some snow today  !!   Much better to haul our sleds to the ice .  Good fishing today Fred .  :Gonefishing:

I've been in retirement mode for 26 years  and the days are still too short !  Did 3 hrs. on the snow blower & shovel today ....until the blower got jammed in reverse and pinned me against the car !  haha !  Had to reach down & kill the power !  As usual ....another job to get the blower out of gear .....(thanks You Tube)   ....looks like an easy fix .... B)

Archived