Rondeau Joe

Ice Fishing Dunnville or PM Area

we did ok on the weekend. I missed the biggest walleye I may have ever had the chance to pull through the ice, lost 'er right at the hole...i was devestated. still managed a few though. too bad this thaw is rolling through

9 hours ago, fishingking said:

U gotta get to quinte slowski if youve never been .ive brought in at least half a dozen 10lb plus there over the years!

I would love to, never been, wouldn't know where to go. The other issue is getting there, I hate having to drive through Toronto. I should make the trip though, I haven't been to simcoe yet this year either ... stupid work thing always getting in the way of fishing 

My biggest eye was caught at Quinte through the ice ....hanging on the wall now ....We used lures like a Swedish Pimp. tipped with a 3" pond chubs . We fished the weekends , staying overnight in a cheap motel in Belleville  & fished a few local spots.  A small sharp gaff comes in handy to pull those lunkers through the hole , I have mine ready for those toothy pike .

Caught my 10# eye at Point Ann ....also fished at Herkimier Rd. , Massassauga Point and the Narrows.  ( some big cats too )

....looks like a lot of spelling  errors here.....   :read: ....(need a head scratching smiley) .....  

smiley.png

Edited by smerchly

anyone have eyes on the water recently? other threads have stated the breaker has been out to port maitland and any ice closer to the damn is no longer ...well... ice lol. 

Nice... that's a beauty hard water walleye!

Wowzer !   Beauty ! ..... worthy for a great mount !   Congrats  !   I like the shape of that pickerel  C.R.  ...very streamlined , beautiful specimen !

That fish would surely be the winner back when we had derbies there ! 

Edited by smerchly

As of march 1, walleye season closed on that section of river (exception to zone 16 regs). Lake Erie is open year round. Further up near Brantford, walleye are still in season. March 15 is the last day (zone 16)