Lower River/ Bar conditions and tips?

yakfish

I haven't been fishing since September and I'm finally free this coming weekend. Going to try and get the boat out and drift from Queenston down to the mouth and maybe try fishing the Bar depending on wind/weather conditions. Not sure what species will be available. I assume there will be some steelhead or browns around and would love to try jigging for lakers. After the thaw this week should I expect muddy conditions? Will it even be worth taking the time to fish there? Any help would be appreciated. Feel free to message me privately. Thank you!

River changes by the day often this time of year....one day full of ice..   next day not....better to be prepared for the worst conditions and go from there  ... carry around a couple supplies for the ramp....that can change overnight too.....some days can change while you are out

As of yesterday aft...it was good down there...we got rain and high winds mixed in the forecast the next few days.... that could change conditions all together....2 days before was kind of crappy for ice....keep an eye out in the boat for sure..the ice tends to gather in some of the drifts..

Archived