Petro

smerchly

Hope y'all are enjoying the lowest gas prices we've had in a long time .....  At Can.Tire I can gas up for 84.6 cents per liter ( 5 cents/lt.on the card ) .....a big savings for those who drive a lot .....not for me so much ,driving about 3K per year .....buys a case of free beer though ......  :)

....or some FISHING gear ......  :Gonefishing:

27 minutes ago, Tyler0420 said:

and the ct rewards adds up quick.  

Sure do Tyler .....last trip to C,T. bill came to $20 ....had $23 in my account ......nice to keep the wallet dust intact !   :)

C t rewards = fishing and outdoor gear... I hear ya there ...and nothing like the good old days pulling out a mile high wad of c t bucks that added up to about $7.35 for that new lure you where looking for that you watch go.... snap..... off your line flying half a mile across the river on the very first cast after taking it out pack 😆 🎣

4 hours ago, Jwl1 said:

C t rewards = fishing and outdoor gear... I hear ya there ...and nothing like the good old days pulling out a mile high wad of c t bucks that added up to about $7.35 for that new lure you where looking for that you watch go.... snap..... off your line flying half a mile across the river on the very first cast after taking it out pack 😆 🎣

Easy come .......easy go Jack !   :dunno:

Heck....I lose my cool when I lose a 50 cent carp rig ......   :wall:

You may want to fill up today , gas going up another 7 cents at Midnight after it went up 10 cents 2 days ago .....

And the new carbon tax is just around the corner .  Nice while it lasted ......

On 2/14/2019 at 8:34 PM, Chrisb said:

Too late in Welland price went from 85 to 95 today.

St.Kitts went up from 87 to 97  two days ago ,and another 7 cents at midnight .   Later , the summer gas prices kick in ,

back to about $1.20  and the usual threat of $1.40 on the horizon . Gas in Vancouver $1.69 ....ouch !

Did you see the all new electric snowmobile yet ?  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66bNu-grzlI

• 2 months later...
On 2/14/2019 at 8:34 PM, Chrisb said:

Too late in Welland price went from 85 to 95 today.

Well ...it was nice while it lasted ......

Gas prices have gone up 3 times in the last 3 days . Can.Tire at Grantham just went to 1.31 today , a long way from  .85  cents .

It would cost me over $40 more to fill up my "mini" van  when about 1/4 tank left......that's a lot of "tackle" !

54 minutes ago, fishingking said:

Try havin a work truck that you pull a big trailer with and cost 180$ a week in fuel ! .i run my own business and believe me the fuel is all included in my price!

I feel for you guys who must pay much more to run your vehicles , unlike some who can write off gas costs in other businesses . The prices of everything we buy will go up ....great for the government  hst , etc.  My little van is 22 years old ..... did my own oil change yesterday ....hoping to keep it going another 22 years ....or until I run out of gas ......  

I have a 40 year old Harley that loves to eat gas....guess I will just have to siphon it from gf's car every time she isn't looking this summer😲

6 hours ago, Jwl1 said:

I have a 40 year old Harley that loves to eat gas....guess I will just have to siphon it from gf's car every time she isn't looking this summer😲

Just pull one of the 2 plugs jack ....save a bundle !

2 hours ago, dave524 said:

Serves them right for voting in a NDP Government 😎 

They have friends who make E.V's  Dave .....   ^_^

Actually , gas price is "fishing related "  ....  it means less pesos for fishing gear ....

Some of us old timers can remember the price of gas before they went metric .  C.T .today just posted $1.34 per liter which is $6.09 per Imp.gal ....Prices in Vancouver have hit $8.00 per gal .  I can see the lineups at the border soon ..... 

BTW ....we paid 9 cents per liter in the late 50's...... 

I recall putting 2 bucks in my '68 VW Bug, darn near filled the tank.

Dave....I had a 1960 VW Bug , (winter beater, reversed rear rims) and I had to use a wood ruler to check the gas level , under the hood ...no gas  gauge , very little heat from the manifold  , used to light a can of Sterno for heat ....  ^_^

Some of those old ones had a small reserve tank, no gauge, when it started to sputter you switched a lever to the reserve tank and looked a gas station. Mine had a heater that actually burned gas, still didn't defrost the windshield worth beans, one hand steering and a scraper in the other, was worse the more people breathing , helped also to keep the window open a crack.

Some of those old ones had a small reserve tank, no gauge, when it started to sputter you switched a lever to the reserve tank and looked a gas station. Mine had a heater that actually burned gas, still didn't defrost the windshield worth beans, one hand steering and a scraper in the other, was worse the more people breathing , helped also to keep the window open a crack.

When the bathroom mirror steams up after showering I put a small dallop of shaving cream in my hand & smear a circle on the mirror ...than wipe it off . Nice and clear to finish shaving !  Bet that would work on those old VW windsheilds !  My bud bought a new 65 VW and it had the instant gas heater ....worked great to warm up the little bug , but I guess some may have exploded or gassed people ..... no more rear engines......

On May 6, 2019, gas rate at Niagara falls is CA$1.23.

Buffalo was at US$2,70- 2. 89/gallon

My Grand caravan takes 70 liters.  A saving of CA$12.00 per fill up based on US$1=CA$1.35 exchange rate.

Minus the Toll charge now is CA$5 to get back to Canada. 

Since I have to do some errands across, Someone at craigslist buffalo was nice enough to give me a 9.5ft pinnacle rod for Free. It was originally a 10ft rod and the first 6 inch to the tip was gone. I just fixed the tip after I got home. Rod was rated 4-12 lb steelhead rod.   I  save a few bucks. Overall.  

I visited the NYPA area and schloopkls plant as well, both areas were closed due to high water level. Two maid of the mist boat was parked on the Schloopkls platform, the ramp attached to the boat and part of the cemented shoreline were submerged, no customer will be able to enter the boat without getting their feet wet. so no business for them as well. 

When it gets as bad as Vancouver at $8 per gal . , vehicles like mine with large tanks will save  lots of $$$$  ( bring back a couple of 5 gal.gas cans too) for the wee car and lawnmower...B)

The new carbon tax will send more of us canuks over the River for gas , and other stuff while we are there . 

Archived