Niagara Outdoor Show - Sunday, March 10

w1w

...please, see... www.niagaraoutdoorshow.com ...your networking help would be appreciated by all the vendors, exhibitors, sponsors and volunteers. I started this project in early November and it seems to have paid off with some of the best content we've ever had. I'll be posting on facebook, starting 2 weeks leading into the event. Thanx in advance to everyone involved. If you would like to receive notifications, go to the Niagara Outdoor Show page and like it. This will give you an opportunity to share if you follow the page. See ya there!...thanx, Bill 

On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 11:18 PM, Tyler0420 said:

I’m looking forward to the show. It will be the first time for me at this event. Gotta book the day of work but that’s ok.    hmmmmm  what should I buy...... :)

...Tyler, message Niagara Outdoor Show on fb and give me a password (other than your name). I'll mark it on the guest list (plus one)...see ya there!

• 1 month later...

Bill it was a great show this year. Miss the carp guy though. Had it in my head to buy a starter kit for my son. Rest in Peace Lorne

Content was so tempting. Almost bought a shotgun, did buy some broadheads and would have bought waders but he was out of my size already. 

Love the stone and glass crafts but I make my own. They had some great ideas there. Saw some awesome carvings. I have wood carving friends who don't know about this show. Look up the Niagara Wood Carvers for next year. They'd benefit if they gain a few members and might be able to unload some hard work. The taxidermist showed his experience but he gave me some good tips for painting. Smerch will be surprised. 

That ATV was amazing. Tires were a G a piece! Never knew the machines sold that cheap though. 

I'm not into wearing logos but that guy had some quality outdoor clothing. I mean that was good stuff. 

It was nice to have a 13 year employee of the NPCA there. Endangered species now a days. They've been in the news so much lately it was nice to see them and have a good chat. Maybe just maybe I'll do some volunteering for them soon but we'll see if they fix it first. 

That old dog is so beautiful. Been watching her age every year and I'm betting she's only got a couple left in her. Man you had some beauty hand made baits there. If I still fished I would have been all over that. Looking to get back in it once things warm up. I might just donate it all to tackle share and start again. Would be easier than untangling it all :) 

You got lucky with the weather. To windy and shitty to fish but good enough to drive. It was busy while we were there. 

What would I like to see in the future? Some kayak equipment or a kayak dealer. Not just the top of the line stuff but entry level. Portable fish finders easy to use with kayaks/canoes etc. More winter gear like waterproof boots good up to -50 for ice fishing. Camp stoves and setups. Solar power is all the rage and there are some sweet hammocks and tents out there. Cutting edge ideas for outback camping. Oh ya and let us adults cast lol. Us old guys who don't have kids want a try LOL. Lastly what this generation needs is a way to keep the cell phone charged. Yes that's my last entry on the wish list but cell phones are great for navigation and calling for help so if you waste all the battery taking pictures you need a way to charge it so you can call dial a beer if you get lost. There must be an app for that 

1 hour ago, Dan Andrews said:

Us old guys who don't have kids want a try

What ?  Gramps !  

Some good ideas there Daniel .   You need to go fishing more at your age ....food for the soul ....and the plate !  You still  keep in touch with nature , always some wildlife to keep one company . Before venturing into carp fishing & buying a carp rod & reel ,   try a few trips using an old heavy rod & reel would get one acquainted with the baits , rigs & stamina waiting  & waiting for the big bang !  I have a "starter" rod & reel just for that purpose .....and tons of corn !   etc.

1 hour ago, Dan Andrews said:

Smerch will be surprised. 

Walmart spray cans ?  I have used some to paint a silvery tinge on steelies . Using foam in a can to fill the fish cavity ...just experimenting ....We have a taxidermist here Dan....Gunner2

who helps mod this site does great work !  Very busy lately .....

Cell phones ......  has 2 apps .....my little flipper is always with me to call home or for home to call me to pick up some milk.....or 911 ...at my age  I might need a cool beer .....

....and about Lorne Morley .....he was the carp guru !  Great guy , think of him often at the carp holes.....

21 hours ago, Dan Andrews said:

Bill it was a great show this year. Miss the carp guy though. Had it in my head to buy a starter kit for my son. Rest in Peace Lorne

Content was so tempting. Almost bought a shotgun, did buy some broadheads and would have bought waders but he was out of my size already. 

Love the stone and glass crafts but I make my own. They had some great ideas there. Saw some awesome carvings. I have wood carving friends who don't know about this show. Look up the Niagara Wood Carvers for next year. They'd benefit if they gain a few members and might be able to unload some hard work. The taxidermist showed his experience but he gave me some good tips for painting. Smerch will be surprised. 

That ATV was amazing. Tires were a G a piece! Never knew the machines sold that cheap though. 

I'm not into wearing logos but that guy had some quality outdoor clothing. I mean that was good stuff. 

It was nice to have a 13 year employee of the NPCA there. Endangered species now a days. They've been in the news so much lately it was nice to see them and have a good chat. Maybe just maybe I'll do some volunteering for them soon but we'll see if they fix it first. 

That old dog is so beautiful. Been watching her age every year and I'm betting she's only got a couple left in her. Man you had some beauty hand made baits there. If I still fished I would have been all over that. Looking to get back in it once things warm up. I might just donate it all to tackle share and start again. Would be easier than untangling it all :) 

You got lucky with the weather. To windy and shitty to fish but good enough to drive. It was busy while we were there. 

What would I like to see in the future? Some kayak equipment or a kayak dealer. Not just the top of the line stuff but entry level. Portable fish finders easy to use with kayaks/canoes etc. More winter gear like waterproof boots good up to -50 for ice fishing. Camp stoves and setups. Solar power is all the rage and there are some sweet hammocks and tents out there. Cutting edge ideas for outback camping. Oh ya and let us adults cast lol. Us old guys who don't have kids want a try LOL. Lastly what this generation needs is a way to keep the cell phone charged. Yes that's my last entry on the wish list but cell phones are great for navigation and calling for help so if you waste all the battery taking pictures you need a way to charge it so you can call dial a beer if you get lost. There must be an app for that 

...Mr.Andrews...I had asked you for an opinion on the show. I know you for your honesty and it sounds like we may have passed the Andrew's litmus test. Thank-you for taking the time to critique the event. It is really appreciated! So funny that you mentioned adults casting. I captured this Mom having a go at it. She was casting to a target on the far wall...one of my favourite images from the day...Bill

2019 image 8.JPG

Archived