JWL steelhead post from yesterday

cplummer

Jwl1     609

Jwl1

Yet another interesting day on the water today.......!!!..the plan of attack today was supposed to be targetting walleye for a change.....Cliff and I got to the upper river only to find it clear alrighty......too clear!!! Even 15 to 20 fow you could count the pebbles on the bottom of the washing well......some exploring we had no problem scaring a few away..and sun shining like you would wish for......hmmmm heck of conditions we pick to target walleye.....Haha...not letting that beat us we decided to change it up a bit....and then Cliff has one on......not what we where after but a nice fresh steelie got to visit us for a pic......later in the day cloud cover came....and Yahoo...game on with another steelie onboard ahem.....for Cliff....now that's just getting greedy Haha...so I finally got to return the favor...after I changed color to a random bait I found in the boat..not what we set out for again....but wait....Cliff has another one.....low and behold.... a walleye!!!!! mission accomplished ......once we got the pattern we had great action the rest of our day.....few more fish in the boat from both of us......called it a day with a couple in the live well to have a nice visit with Cliffs smoker and a photo OP....we have some nice pics from the day on Cliffs camera.......thanks again man for another great winter adventure and the lessons we got from it today!..... guess should add... hence the title.... after tossing various jigs and soft minnow baits...all of today's fish once again came on a streamer...... the one named .. .orange crush.....!!!

Archived