Berkley Trilene Fluorocarbon

Bubba14

Hopefully it's better than the Berkley Vanish floro. The only thing that vanished was every fish off the end of your line. Was by far the worst line I've ever used as far as knot strength. 

Floor ....haha... floro.....stupid auto spell... I hate that not ideal for cold or sun...it breaks down and gets brittle.... no stretch....makes crappy knot strength in crappy weather

Mono line life span  ?  I have a bunch of various brand names of mono line in my "cool" basement . Some is well over 5 years old because they are large spools of various names & strength for both reg.fishing & ice fishing . Before I spool up a reel ,  I tie a simple one loop knot & pull it tight until it breaks , or I tie a loop knot to a hook in my vise & test it for strength . I have found  most of that old line is still as good as new . The hot weather , and sunlight degrades fishing line much quicker . I never leave my rods in the hot vehicles or in the sun when in the boat .  My 30# floro carbon I use for leaders is 5 years plus , and hasn't changed at all .

Basement temps & humidity seems to keep it fresh ....

4 hours ago, Jwl1 said:

Floor ....haha... floro.....stupid auto spell... I hate that not ideal for cold or sun...it breaks down and gets brittle.... no stretch....makes crappy knot strength in crappy weather

X2  on the trilene florocarbon 

11 hours ago, steellee said:

Hopefully it's better than the Berkley Vanish floro. The only thing that vanished was every fish off the end of your line. Was by far the worst line I've ever used as far as knot strength. 

True, that line is junk. Works good...so long as you don't knot it..hahah maybe hang Christmas ornaments with it.

My brother was telling me its best to keep your line stored in the freezer.  He researched this somewhere. I don't have room in my freezer so F...That.

My freezer has all kinds of stinky stuff....fish eggs (roe) ,  frozen baits -minnows , smelts , fillets from pike , perch , etc.  & sometimes large fish  (10 lb. eye ) etc. for mounting for friends /family ..   At one time I had lots of moose in there , over 100 lbs easily .  Good think my wife has hunted and fished over the years . 

Fishing line ??   Why not ?? It is nothing compared to my freezers contents . Put it in a sealed bag & label it .  

..one of the things I hear about mono is "memory"   ...not sure what temperature has to do with it but I would assume the warmer the air/water temp , the less problem with the coil factor ...

I've been using P-Line for years .....also make my pike rigs -leaders with it  -  30# florocarb.....not easy to tie a snell knot , use pliers to tighten the tab .

So many to choose !!   Remember the Tri-force from C.T. ? It did the job for many years . ....and same for the Andy mono !  ....still have a pink spool of 12#

Leader line can't beat Drennan. Toughest floro out there. Maxima Ultra green if the waters stained or fish aren't being picky. Cheap, crazy strong and was the go to before floro. If your spooling your reel I'd again recommend Maxima Floro. 

Archived