Lower Niagara

squid

I'm more worried about the shore ice. Can you get down close enough to land a fish safely? If your kind enough to post that too please Steve from Guelph!

Thanks, Splakin from Guelph

Just spent the last 2 days on the lower river....no ice......no shore ice......3 to 4 foot viz.......the fish are spread out among the drifts.....with some fresh ones still in the mix....got about a 10lber today......no numbers in any particular drift...sporadic fish throughout the day has been our action.... no matter what still a beauty afternoon to get out...

As of Thursday last week some shore ice in the glen and pebbly.  Doesn't look like they will open the ice boom for a while since lake Erie has still a fair amount of ice.  Fishing was slow for me, water was very clear.

Well we can't give people a better report on conditions than that..lol.... hands on insight from shore and boat.... above and below the dams...now get out fishing!!!!!!....share a report....!!!!!....you can't catch em if you dont leave the couch 😆 ... I had a great winter out there...collected a ton of pics...steelies from every month all winter long...wind.. snow...brutal cold...lightning....rain....all weather in between...catching fish in all conditions...always learning and adapting throughout .....and looking forward to all the transitions into spring and the quest for all my favorite species as they come into season 🎣🎣🎣

Archived